[JPL] My Best of 2007

Ron Gill ron_gill at verizon.net
Tue Dec 18 09:56:55 EST 2007

Not end of year quite yet. But here are my picks for 2007. Not necessarily in
any order.

1. McCoy Tyner #Quartet# at Blue Note (Half Note)
2. Gerald Wilson #Monterey Moods# (Mack Avenue)
3. Williams/McLaughlin/Pastorious
   #The Trio Of Doom# (Columbia)
4. Mark Murphy #Love Is What Stays# (Verve)
5. Auturo O’Farrell & Friends #Wonderful Discovery# (MEII)
6. Ella Fitzgerald #Ella At Mr. Kelly’s# (Verve)
7. Sarah Vaughan #Sarah Vaughan At Mr Kelly’s #(Emarcy)
8. Jackie Ryan #You And The Night And The Music# (OpenArt)
9. Kenny Washington & Michael O’Neill Quintet #Still
   Dancin’# (JazzMo)
10.Onaje Allan Gumss #Sack Full Of Dreams# (Showplace)

I’ve added a few to the list because I think they are worthy of mention. Got
LOTS of air time on my Jazz Gallery Show. So, just in case something does not
fit in the top ten, anyone of these can be in its place.

11. Rene Marie #Experiment in Truth# (Rene Marie)
12. Dayna Stephens/The Timeless Now
13. Jimmy Heath Big Band
14. Jonathan Kreisberg/South Of Everywhere
15. Michael Brecker/Pilgrimage
16. Andy Bey/Ain’t necessarily So

Historical Box Set

Can’t beat the new Box Set on Roy Haynes, A Life In Time: The Roy Haynes
Story.

Ron Gill
Jazz Gallery
WGBH Radio 89.7 FM