[JPL] Re: Joel Dorn

Bradley M. Stone bstone at science.sjsu.edu
Wed Dec 19 02:17:17 EST 2007

Just returned from London, and read the news.  I'm devastated.

I first had the pleasure of meeting Joel many years ago at a Gavin in
S.F.  I remember vividly standing in the hall listening to Joel tell
some of his Rahsaan stories, and me just being mesmerized and standing
there with my mouth gaping wide.... Every subsequent meeting was met
with a "Hey Brad!" - it's not like we knew each other that well, but he
always seemed genuinely excited to see me.... One of the real genuine,
passionate cats in this business.

A huge loss for us, personally.  A huge loss for the business, in terms
of all the history.  My sincere condolences to his family, and all who
loved him.

This one hit me hard.

Brad