[JPL] Duke Love You Madly DVD

Eric Jackson eric-jackson at comcast.net
Wed Dec 19 09:17:55 EST 2007

I just watched a 2 hour video this morning about Duke. Love You Madly is
the first hour of the DVD. It's full of great archival footage of the
Ellington band in addition to lots of behind the scene looks at Duke,
casually talking with Ralph Gleason. Incidentally, the Executive
producer of the DVD is fellow JPL member Toby Gleason.

The second hour of the DVD features the premier performance of Duke's
first sacred concert. Jon Hendricks is the featured vocal soloist. The
CD of Duke's first Sacred Concert was recorded 4 months after this DVD.
(actually the premiere concert was released on CD a few years ago)

I really enjoyed seeing the first part of this DVD, hearing Duke and
some of the other cats talk. If you are a Duke fan, don't miss this DVD.

Eric Jackson
Mon - Thurs 8 pm - mid.
89.7 FM WGBH Boston
www.wgbh.org/jazz