[JPL] Playlist WCVE-FM Jazz Wednesday December 19

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Wed Dec 19 21:47:36 EST 2007

Tonight's playlist from WCVE, archived at ideastations.org/radio.
Please direct cd's for airplay to the address below.

Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235
(804) 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Wednesday December 19, 2007

(Billy Strayhorn) Take the A Train - Ellington Live at the 1957 Stratford
festival - Duke Ellington - Music & Arts - CD-616

(Cole Porter) It's All Right with Me - Stormy Weather - Lena Horne -
Bluebird - 9985-2-RB

(Dave Brubeck) Maori Blues - Time Further out - Dave Brubeck -
Columbia/Legacy - CK 64668

(Jim Snidero) Let's Be Frank - Tippin' - Jim Snidero - Savant - SCD 2086

(Herbie Hancock) Driftin' - Takin 'off - Herbie Hancock - Blue Note - CDP
7243 8 37643 2 7

(Thad Jones) Dedication - Thad Jones/Mel Lewis Orchestra - Blue Note -
7243 5 38226 2 0

(Roberto Tarenzi) Unsteady - Dream of Nite - David Liebman - Verve -
B0010132-02

(Peter Lerner, Ryan Cohen) Billie's Bossa - Cry for Peace - Peter Lerner -
Blujazz - BJ 3357

These Foolish Things - Lester Young Live at Birdland 1953 & 1956 -
ESP-Disk - 4040

(Jimmy Van Heusen, Bryant, Selsman) Do You Wanna Jump Children - Count
Basie: The Complete Decca Recordings - GRD-3-611

8:01 NPR News

Miss Brown to You / Lover Man / I Wonder Where Our Love Has Gone - Billie
Holiday: Rare Live Recordings 1934-1939 - ESP Disk - 4039

(George Bassman) I'm Getting Sentimental over You - Swingchronicity - Phil
Woods - Jazzed Media - JM 1029

(John Coltrane) Satellite - The Latin Side of Coltrane - Conrad Herwig -
Astor Place - TCD 4003

(Bob Hiliard, David Mann) In the Wee Small Hours of the Morning - Ben
Webster Meets Oscar Peterson - Verve - 829 167-2

(Bryant) Sneakin' around - We Three - Roy Haynes, Phineas Newborn, Paul
Chambers - Pestige/New Jazz - OJCCD-196-2

(Ray Charles) Roll with My Baby / (Ertegun) Mess around / (Charles) Mr.
Charles' Blues - The Birth of Soul - Ray Charles - Atlantic - 7 82310-2
(Ben Oakland, Jack Murray) If I Love again - Sophisticated Swing:
Cannonball Adderly - Verve - 314 528 408-2

(Thelonious Monk) Ruby My Dear - The Best of Thelonious Monk - Riverside -
RCD-5706-2

(Howard Wiley) The Conversation - The Angola Project - Howard Wiley -
H.N.I.C. Music

9:01 NPR News

(W.C. Handy) St Louis Blues / (W.C. Handy) Careless Love Blues - St Louis
Blues - Besie Smith Volume 2 - Naxos Blues - 8.120691

(W.C. Handy) Aunt Hagar's Blues - The Original James P Johnson -
Smithsonian Folkways - SF CD 40812

(W.C. Handy) Hesitating Blues - Louis Armstrong Pays W.C. Handy -
Columbia/Legacy - CK 64925

(Jellyroll Morton) New King Porter Stomp - Study in Frustration: The
Fletcher Henderson Story - Columbia/Legacy - C8K 57596

(Spencer Williams, Jack Palmer) Everybody Loves My Baby - RCA Victor 80th
Anniversary Vol. 1 1917-1929 - Earl Hines Orchestra - RCA Victor -
09026-68777-2

(Rodgers and Hart) Dancing on the Ceiling - C'est Magnifique - Ruby Braff
- Arbors Records - ARCD 19270

(Charlie Parker) Billie's Bounce - Stan Getz and JJ Johnson at the Opera
House - Verve - 831 272-2

(Alexander Borodin, Robert Wright, George Forrest) Baubles Bangles and
Beads - Alone Together - The Marvin Stamm Quartet Jazzed Media - JM9002

(Malneck, Signorelli, Parish) Stairway to the Stars - Undercurrent - Bill
Evans and Jim Hall - Blue Note - CDP 7 90583 2