[JPL] Songbird

Jazz Promo Services jazzpromo at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 20 10:14:21 EST 2007

A woman walks into a pet store wanting to buy a songbird.

As she is walking around, she hears a bird singing beautifully and, as if in
a trance, she follows the sound. There in a cage is a cheerful songbird
happily singing her little heart out.

A sign beneath the cage reads, "One thousand dollars for the pair." She
looks deeper into the cage and way back she sees this other haggard bird
with its head down, shaking it from left to right.

The clerk came over and the woman asked "How much for just the songbird?"

"I'm sorry.  You'll have to buy the pair," says the clerk.

The woman says, "But that other bird is so haggard and looks so depressed,
and he's hanging his head and shaking it back and forth.  This bird is so
happy and singing beautifully.  Why do I have to buy that other bird?"

The clerk replies, "Because he's the arranger!"