[JPL] WFCR Playlist/Jazz à la Mode, December 20, 2007

Tom Reney tr at wfcr.org
Thu Dec 20 16:20:19 EST 2007

WFCR Playlist/Jazz à la Mode, Thursday, December 20, 2007
Golden Anniversary feature: Dizzy Gillespie's Sonny Side Up, featuring Sonny Stiit and Sonny Rollins

8:00 PM Dizzy Gillespie Sonny Side Up On the Sunny Side of the Street Verve 12/19/57

8:06 PM Caribbean Jazz Project Latin Jazz Christmas Sleigh Ride Concord Picante 2002
8:11 PM Shirley Horn Christmas Jazz Winter Wonderland Verve 1996
8:15 PM Jaki Byard Solo/Strings Do You Know What It Means to Miss NOLA Prestige 1968
8:20 PM Ramsey Lewis Yule Be Miserable Christmas Blues Verve 1961

8:25 PM Eric Alexander Temple of Olympic Zeus I'm Gonna Laugh You Out of My Lie High Note 2007
8:33 PM Diana Krall The Very Best of Fly Me to the Moon Verve 2007
8:38 PM Bill Charlap Live at the Village Vanguard Rocker Blue Note 2007

8:46 PM Dizzy Gillespie Sonny Side Up The Eternal Triangle Verve 12/19/57

9:02 PM Miles Davis Live at the Monterey Jazz Festival Autumn Leaves MJF 1963
9:14 PM Fabian Zone Trio The Masters Return Milestones CAP 2007

9:21 PM Bobby Timmons This Is Bobby Timmons Moanin' Riverside 1960
9:26 PM Bobby Timmons Soul Time Soul Time Riverside
9:33 PM Mike Longo Float Like a Butterfly Here Tiz CAP 2007

9:41 PM Dizzy Gillespie Sonny Side Up After Hours Verve 12/19/57
9:53 PM Dizzy Gillespie Sonny Side Up I Know That You Know Verve 12/19/57

10:01 PM Jon Mayer So Many Stars Holy Land Reservoir 2007
10:06 PM Michel Camilo Spirit of the Moment Spirit of the Moment Telarc 2007
10:11 PM Tardo Hammer Look Stop & Listen Focus Sharp Nine 2007
10:16 PM Claus Raible Don't Blame Me Our Delight Pirouet 2007

10:22 PM McCoy Tyner Quartet Search for Peace Half Note 2007
10:33 PM Josh Nelson Let It Go Introspection on the 401 Native Language 2007

10:42 PM Jimmy Greene Gifts and Givers The Eternal Triangle Criss Cross Jazz 2007
10:51 PM Joe Lovano & Hank Jones Kids: Live at Dizzy's Budo Blue Note 2007

10:56 PM Trio West Plays Holiday Songs The Christmas Song www.triowestmusic.com 2007

Friday's highlights: Duke Ellington's recording of the Tchaikovsky Nutcracker Suite; and 2007 releases by Anat Cohen, Roberta Gambarini, Kate McGarry, and
Paquito D'Rivera.

Tom Reney
"Jazz à la Mode"
Monday-Friday, 8 - 11 p.m.