[JPL] Playlist WCVE-FM Jazz Thursday December 20

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Thu Dec 20 21:55:43 EST 2007

Tonight's playlist from WCVE, archived at ideastations.org/radio.
Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235
(804) 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Thursday December 20, 2007

(Cear Walton) The Holy Land - So Many Stars - Jon Mayer - Reservoir - RSR
CD 191

(Irving Berlin) The Best Thing for You - The South of Everywhere -
Jonathan Kreisberg - Mel Bay records - MB 10452CD

(Quincy Jones) Stockholm Sweetnin' - Swingchronicity - Phil Woods - Jazzed
Media - JM 1029

(Jobim) Desafinado - Sound Effect - Steve Wilson - High Note - HCD 7175

(Kaper, Webter) Invitation - Alone Together - Marvin Stamm - Jazzed Media
- JM 9002

(Tizol, Mills, Ellington) Caravan - Midnight Oil - Jerome Richardson -
Prestige/New Jazz - OJCCD-1815-2

(Warren, Gordon) I Had the Craziest Dream - Quiet Kenny - Kenny Dorham -
Prestige - OJCCD-250-2

8:01 NPR News

(Kalmar, Ruby) Three Little Words / (Ellington, Mills) Ring Dem Bells /
(Ellington) Old Man Blues - The Duke Ellington Centennial Collection The
Complete RCA Victor recordings - 09086-63386-2

(Jack Fox) Zat You Santa Claus / (Billy Moore, William Hardy) Santa Claus
Got Stuck in My Chimney / (Frank Loesser) Baby It's Cold outside - Yule Be
Miserable - Louis Armstrong/Ella Fitzgerald - Verve -  B0001240-02

(Chano Pozo, Gil Fuller) Tin Tin Deo - The Best of Art Pepper -
Contenporary - CCD-5714-2

(Leo Parker) Parker's Pals - Let Me Tell You 'bout It - Leo Parker - Blue
Note - CDP 7 84087 2

(Lee Morgan) The Lion and the Wolf - Leeway - Lee Morgan - Blue Note - CDP
7243 8 32089 2 0

(DeRose, Shefter, Parish) The Lamp Is Low - Resonance - Joe Pass - Pablo -
PACD-2310-968-2

(Tito Puente) Cual  es la Idea? (What's the Idea?) - King of Kings The
Very Best of Tito Puente - BMG Heritage 74465 99001 2

9:01 NPR News

(Benny Golson) Stablemates - Here - Eric Reed - Maxjazz - MXJ 216

(Vernon Duke, Ira Gershwin) I Can't Get Started - Tune-up! - Sonny Stitt -
Muse - MCD 5334

(Gershwin, Gershwin, Heyward) There's a Boat That's leaving Soon for New
York / Bess, You Is My Woman Now - Oscar Peterson Plays Porgy and Bess -
Verve - 314 519 807-2

(Ceasar, Lerner, Marks) Is It True What They Say about Dixie? - The Clark
Terry Quintet Live on QE2 - Chiarascuro - CR(D) 365

(Alter, Mitchell) You Turned the Tables on Me - Champian - Champian Fulton
with David Berger and the Sultans of Swing - Such Sweet Thunder - SST205

(George Braith) Bermuda Clay House - Blue John - John Patton - Blue Note -
CDP 7 84143 2

(Wayne Shorter) Prince of Darkness - Sorcerer - Miles Davis -
Columbia/Legacy  - CK 52974

(Jimmy McHugh, Dorothy Fields) I'm in the Mood for Love - Charlie Parker
with Strings: The Naster Takes - Verve - 314 523 984-2