[JPL] Christmas and Holiday wishes from Cape Town South Africa

Eric Alan at Jazz Rendezvous eric at jazzrendezvous.co.za
Sun Dec 23 01:34:53 EST 2007

I would like to wish all on the list Happy Holidays and may it be a safe
one. May you receive all that you wish for and that the coming year will
prove to be better than the past one.

I would also like to thank all the smaller independent labels, artist owned
labels and promo services for including this independent contract radio
presenter/programmer in a far flung part of the world on their servicing
lists and sending me some remarkable music that I, my listeners and readers
would not otherwise have heard about in South Africa over the past year.

I would also like to offer a small kind of service to members of the list in
that should one like to find out more about some of our South African and
Afro jazz musicians, please feel free to contact me and I will facilitate
the necessary contact procedures.

Since becoming a member of the Jazz Programmers List shortly after
discovering this marvelous tool on the web in the early days when Ed and the
team first launched the list and having seen the growth, ever evolving
nature of list and Jazz Week. I have experienced warmth and kindness from
the many email friends and acquaintances that make up this vibrant and vital
community over the past number of years, I just felt it was time to say
thanks and be thankful of all the passionate individuals who make the world
fraternity of Jazz Programmers and jazz music lovers.

In the coming year I will be working hard to see the growth of Jazz
Rendezvous evolving into the only national daily jazz radio show on PBS in
the South Africa. I also start a brand new 2 page jazz column which is to be
published in the major South African Arts and Culture magazine “Rootz” from
January 08 (For more info visit their website at
http://www.uhurucom.co.za/rootz.htm) I have total editorial control for
which I’m very grateful, kind of like my radio show, complete free hand and
choice. I will be continue using the title “Jazz Rendezvous – Where Jazz
lovers of Africa and the World meet”.

Once again may the festive period be a safe and happy one to each and all
and may there be more power the Ed and his great team to see the continued
growth of our world fraternity.

 Christmas Wishes Translations

English: Merry Christmas and a happy New Year

Afrikaans: Geseënde Kersfees en voorspoedige Nuwejaar
IsiNdebele: Ukresimusi omnandi nonyaka omutjha omuhle
Sesotho: Keresemese e monate le mahlohonolo a selemo se setjha
Northern
Sotho: Mahlogonolo a Keresemose le ngwaga wo moswa wo monate
Setswana: Masego a Keresemose le Boitumelo mo Ngwageng o Mošwa
SiSwati:
Khisimusi lomuhle kanye neMnyaka lomusha lonenjabulo
Xitsonga: A ku vi Khisimusi lerinene naswona a ku vi lembe lerintshwa
lerinene
Tshivenda: D^uvha l^a mabebo a Murena na N.waha muswa zwavhud^i (^ or . add
these symbols to the preceding letter)
IsiXhosa: Krisimesi emnandi nonyaka omtsha onamathamsanqa
IsiZulu: Ukhisimusi omuhle nonyaka omusha onenjabulo

Christmas in Danish is jul
Christmas in Dutch is Kerstfeest
Christmas in Finnish is joulu
Christmas in German is Weihnachten
Christmas in Italian is Natale
Christmas in Norwegian is jul
Christmas in Spanish is Navidad
Christmas in Swedish is jul

Have a truly great week
Regards,
See it … with your own ears
Yours in Music

Eric Alan

RADIO SHOW HOST of ERIC ALAN’S JAZZ RENDEZVOUS on Radio 2000 - 97.2 to
100.2FM Sundays from 17h00 to 20h00 (Please note that if there is a sports
event on the day then the show will start an hour later)
RADIO 2000 WEBSITE and to stream the show live:
http://www/radio2000.co.za
WEBSITE EDITOR, MUSIC JOURNALIST, BROADCASTER, Jazz, Music & Cultural
Consultant
EDITOR: JAZZ RENDEZVOUS WEBSITE:
http://www.jazzrendezvous.co.za
Member: SAJE (South African Jazz Educators Association) and IAJE
(International Association for Jazz Education)
Columnist: Roots Magazine; Jazz Rendezvous Roots, where jazz lovers meet to
read.
Founding Member: Western Cape Musicians Association
Master of Ceremonies: Cape Town International Jazz Festival and the Cape
Town Jazzathon and Athlone Academy of Music Festival
Contributor and CD Reviewer to various publications around Cape Town
Postal Address: Postnet Suite 261, Private Bag X16, Constantia, 7848. Cape
Town, South Africa
Phone Mobil:
00 – (0) 21– (0)82 – 456 – 2195
Phone Office:
00 – (0) 21– 683 – 9845
Skype:
ericalan2
Email – Radio Station: Radio 2000
eric at radio2000.co.za
Email Work:
editor at jazzrendezvous.co.za
Email Home:
eric at jazzrendezvous.co.za

NB. Please confirm receipt of this email by way of a return mail with
Received in the subject line
Disclaimer:
The information contained in this message and or attachments is intended
this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is
delete the material from any system and destroy any copies.