[JPL] PLAYLIST: "General Eclectic", WCVF-FM, 12/21/07 (Christmas, pt. 2)

Tom Bingham mason2042 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 18:25:00 EST 2007

This mad end-of-the-semester rush of grading papers, projects, and final
exams under deadline has gotten to me pretty bad this year. Besides which, I
injured my shoulder and bruised a couple of ribs in a fall, delivering gifts
to relatives.   BUT, the Christmas spirit prevailed on this week's show,
which one listener called the best Christmas show I've ever done. Don't know
about that, but I feel pretty good about it myself. This is the last
"General Eclectic" of the year, so it's good to go out on a high note! To
the list:

Eileen Ivers - Apples in Winter/Frost Is All Over/A Merry Christmas - An
Nollaig: An Irish Christmas

Eugene Maslov - O Come All ye Faithful - Jazz Yule Love (various artists)

Darlene Love - Who Took the Merry Out of Christmas - It's Christmas, Of
Course

David Hoffman - O Come Emmanuel - Christmas In Your Heart

Three Days Wait - Snow Blues - Star of Bethlehem

Sue Richards/Maggie Sansone - Cantigas de Santa Maria, Nos 4, 116 - Merrily
Greet the Time

Diane Arkenstone & Mischa Segal - Joy to the World - Christmas Healing, Vol.
1

Jody Marshall - Gower Wassail/Gloucestershire Wassail - Carol of the Bells

Racquel Roberts - Hark, the Herald Angels Sing - The Secret of Christmas

Matt & Shannon Heaton - Day Dawn - Fine Winter's Night

Diana Krall - What Are You Doing New Year's Eve - Christmas Songs

Acoustic Eidolon - What Child Is This - Joy to the World

Odetta - Virgin Mary Had One Son - Gonna Let It Shine

Guitar Madness - Welcome Everything/We Three Kings - Welcome Everything

Blanche Tate - Merry Christmas, My Friend - Merry Christmas, My Friend

George Balderose/Ernie Hawkins/L.E. McCullough/T. H. Gillespie - Deck the
Halls/We Wish You a Merry Christmas - A Celtic Christmas

Tony Bennett - Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town - Snowfall: The Tony Bennett
Christmas Album

Adie Grey - Kisses For Christmas - How To Find a Rainbow

Ellis Hooks - If I Give You My Heart For Christmas - Another Saturday
Morning

Marienne Kreitlow - Jolly Old St. Nicholas - Beautiful Illusion: A Winter
Album

Mack Bailey - Star Light - Star Light: A Christmas Collection

Paul Adams - O Little Town of Bethlehem/It Came Upon a Midnight Clear - This
Christmas

Lee Murdock - A Sailor's Carol - Christmas Goes To Sea

Against the Grain - Angels We Have Heard On High - Christmas

Gypsy Hombres - Sleigh Ride - Django Bells

Don Powell Chorale - The Most Perfect Time of the Year - Christmas Blessings
(various artists)

3 Fox Drive and Friends - One Bright Star - Christmas Grass, Vol. 3

Susan House - Santa's Perfect Gift - Gifts of the Season

Guy Lombardo and the Royal Canadians - Auld Lang Syne - Live Jazz from Club
15

I'd like to wish everyone a safe (look who's talking!) and happy Christmas
and a wonderful New Year to come. See you in
'08!**<http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=25547354&blogID=340738262&Mytoken=E3788BBC-ABA7-4F95-99F639143EFAD8CF13111637>

--
Tom Bingham
"General Eclectic"