[JPL] PLAYLIST: 12-23-07 Sunday Jazz Matinee/WSHA FM 88.9

Benjamin Boddie bfboddie at msn.com
Sun Dec 23 20:28:46 EST 2007

WSHA 88.9 FM
Raleigh, N.C.
www.wshafm.org<http://www.wshafm.org/>

Sunday Jazz Matinee
For The Love Of Jazz
Ben Boddie
bfboddie at msn.com<mailto:bfboddie at msn.com>

Noon
Oscar Peterson - Christmas Waltz - An Oscar Peterson Christmas - Telarc Jazz - 1995
Scott Halmilton - The Christmas Song - Christmas Love Song - Concord Records - 1997
Jimmy Ponder - Do You Hear What I Hear - Guitar Christmas - High Note - 1998
Louis Armstrong - Christmas Night In Harlem - A Triditional Christmas - GRP Records - 1997
Beegie Adair - Up On The Housetop - Christmas Jazz - Village Square Music - 2004
Joshua Redman/Marcus Miller - God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen - World Christmas - Metro Blue - 1996
Natalie Cole - Joy To The World - Holly & Ivy - Elektra Entertainment - 1994
Al Jarreau - Celebrate Me Home - WB Jazz Christmas Party - Warner Bros. - 1997
Bobby Watson/Jack Walrath - Cristo Rendentor - Blue Note/Yule Be Boppin - Blue Note - 1997

1:00
Grover Washington Jr. - Breath Of Heaven - Breath Of Heaven - Columbia - 1997
Rickey Woodard - Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer - Concord Jazz Christmas 2 - Concord Records - 1996
Ali Ryerson - What Child Is This? (Greensleeves) - A Concord Jazz Christmas 2 - Concord Records -  1996
Nate Najar Trio - A Carol For All Seasons - Christmas - Blue Line Music - 2007
Freddie Cole - Jingle Bells - I Want A Smile For Christmas - Fantasy - 1995
Rebecca Parris - A Song For Christmas - A Jazz Christmas - Music Masters Jazz - 1992
Kurt Elling - Cool Yule - Blue Note/Yule Be Boppin - Blue Note - 1997
Jazz At The Movies Band - My Favorite Things - It's A Wonderful Life - Discovery Records - 1995
John Brown Quintet - The Christmas Song - Merry Christmas, Baby - John Brown - 2007

2:00
Grover Washington Jr./Terence Blanchard - Blue Christmas - Swing Into Christmas - Columbia - 1995
Houston Person - Merry Christmas Baby - Jazz For A Christmas Present - Savoy Jazz - 2003
Jimmy Smith - Baby, It's Cold Outside - Christmas Cooking - Verve - 1992
Laura Caviani - Silent Night - Angels We Haven't Heard - Caviani Music - 1999
Dianne Reeves - This Time Of The Year - Christmas Time Is Here - Blue Note - 2004
Vince Guaraldi - Linus And Lucy - A Charlie Brown Christmas - Fantasy - 1988
Nat King Cole/Natalie Cole - The Christmas Song - The Christmas Song - Capitol Records - 1999
Trio West - O Tannenbaum - Plays Holiday Songs - Trio West - 2007
Herbie Hancock - River - River - Verve - 2007

3:00
John Brown Quintet - I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus - Merry Christmas, Baby - John Brown - 2007
Cassandra Wilson - The Little Drummer Boy - Jazz To The World - Blue Note - 1995
Etta James - White Christmas - 12 Songs Of Christmas - Private Music - 1998
Grover Washington Jr. - Christmas Time Is Here - Breath Of Heaven - Columbia - 1997
Diana Krall - Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas - Christmas Songs - Verve - 2005
Ray Brown Trio/Dee Dee Bridgewater - Away In A Manger - Christmas Songs - Telarc - 1999
Michael Franks - Let It Snow Let Let It Snow Let It Snow - Jazz To The World - Blue Note - 1995
David Benoit - Skating - Remembering Christmas - GRP - 1996
Cyrus Chestnut & Friends - Me And Charlie Brown - A Charlie Brown Christmas - Atlantic Recording - 2000
Charles Brown - Merry Christmas Baby/Please Come For Christmas - Bullseye Blues Cool Christmas Tunes - Rounder Records - 1994