[JPL] PLAYLIST: WBCX 89.1 FM Souinds of Jazz Dec 22, 2007

jazzhead jazzhead at bellsouth.net
Sun Dec 23 20:51:20 EST 2007

Playlist for Sounds of Jazz on WBCX 89.1 FM for Dec 22,2007

Part of our "Straight Ahead Saturday Night" line-up.

Featuring "Sounds of Jazz" with Mark Dove from 6PM to 12PM

"Sounds of Jazz" features straight ahead jazz primarily from the 1950's to the present. The shows mission is to spread the awareness of some of the country's greatest music and to feature local area artists in the Atlanta and the Southeast area live in the studio in interview segments to spread the word about the artists.

Playlist for Dec 22, 2007

Merry Christmas! We were treated to a guest appearance by Atlanta's king of vintage straight ahead jazz guitar - Bob Shaw and his lovely wife Lorraine. We played several cuts from his Christmas CD "A Celebration of Christmas" and a few lucky listeners won copies of the CD during the show.

Hour 1

JOHN BOUTTE AND UPTOWN OKRA - "Lets Make a Better World" - Carry Me Home - (indep)

BIG JOHN GREER - "We Wanta See Santa Do the Mambo" - Hipster's Holiday - (Rhino)

BILL EVANS - "Santa Claus Is Coming to Town" - Have Yourself a Jazzy Little Christmas - (Verve)

DAVID LEONHART JAZZ GROUP - "Here Comes Santa Claus" - I'll Be Home for Christmas - (Big Bang)

RAMSEY LEWIS TRIO - "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" - The Sound of Christmas - (Chess)

JIMMY SMITH - "Jingle Bells" - Have Yourself a Jazzy Little Christmas - (Verve)

CHICK COREA - "What Child Is This" - Jazz To the World - (Blue Note)

VINCE GUARALDI TRIO - "Skating" - A Charlie Brown Christmas - (Fantasy)

GUITAR MADNESS - "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" - Welcome Everything - (Indep)

JOE GRANSDEN - "This Christmas" - I'll Be Home for Christmas - (Brass Menagerie)

VINCE GUARALDI TRIO - "Linus and Lucy" - A Charlie Brown Christmas - (Fantasy)

DIANNE REEVES - "I'll Be Home for Christmas" - Christmas Time Is Here - (Blue Note)

Hour 2

VINCE GUARALDI TRIO - "Greensleeves" - A Charlie Brown Christmas - (Fantasy)

LAURA CAVIANI - "Toyland" - Angels We Haven't Heard - (indep)

JAVON JACKSON - "Santa Baby" - Yule Be Boppin - (Blue Note)

TAKE 6 - "Winter Wonderland" - We Wish You a Merry Christmas - (Word)

JOE GRANSDEN - "Silent Night" - I'll Be Home for Christmas - (Brass Menagerie)

RAY BROWN - "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" - Christmas with Ray Brown - (Telarc)

SKAFISH - "The First Noel" - Tidings of Comfort and Joy - A Jazz Piano Trio Christmas - (La Befana)

CHET BAKER - "Winter Wonderland" - Jingle Bell Jam - (Rhino)

PAT MARTINO - "Santa Claus Is Coming to Town" - Yule Be Boppin - (Blue Note)

CHUCK MANDT - "Angels We Have Heard On High" - Contemporary Sounds of Gospel Favorites - (indep)

WYNTON MARSALIS - "Jingle Bells" - Crescent City Christmas Card - (Sony)

DEXTER GORDON - "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" - Jingle Bell Jazz - (Sony)

BOB SHAW - "We Three Kings" - A Celebration of Christmas - (Varga Sound)

Hour 3

VINCE GUARALDI TRIO - "Oh Tannenbaum" - A Charlie Brown Christmas - (Fantasy)

LIONEL HAMPTON - "White Christmas" - Jingle Bell Jazz - (Sony)

DUKE PEARSON - "Sleigh Ride" - Jingle Bell Jam - (Rhino)

MODERN JAZZ QUARTET - "England's Carol #1" - Jingle Bell Jam - (Rhino)

BOBBY TIMMONS - "Deck the Halls" - Jingle Bell Jam - (Rhino)

DIANA KRALL - "Winter Wonderland" - Christmas Songs - (Verve)

RACQUEL ROBERTS - "The Christmas Waltz" - The Secret of Christmas - (Peace Rock)

STEVE TYRELL - "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" - This Time of the Year - (Sony)

VINCE GUARALDI TRIO - "Christmas Time Is Here" - A Charlie Brown Christmas - (Fantasy)

Hour 4

LOUIS ARMSTRONG - "Cool Yule" - Hipster's Holiday - (Rhino)

MANHATTAN TRANSFER - "Caroling Caroling" - The Christmas Album - (Sony)

TONY BENNETT - "The Christmas Song" - Snowfall The Tony Bennett Christmas Album - (Sony)

TONIC - "Jolly Old St Nicholas" - It Ain't Over Till the Fat Man Swings - (SKM)
BENNY GREEN - "Zat You Santa Claus" - Yule Be Boppin - (Blue Note)

GRAND VISTA ORCHESTRA - "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" - Christmas Hymns - (Indep)

RUSSELL MALONE - "O Christmas Tree" - Jingle Bell Swing - (Sony)

DAVID LEONHART JAZZ GROUP - "Frosty the Snowman" - I'll Be Home for Christmas - (Big Bang)

Hour 5

WYNTON MARSALIS - "Twas the Night Before Christmas" - Crescent City Christmas Card - (Sony)

THURL RAVENSCROFT - "You're A Mean One Mr Grinch" - How the Grinch Stole Christmas Soundtrack - (Mercury)

ELIANE ELIAS - "I've Got My Love to Keep Me Warm" - Yule Be Boppin - (Blue Note)

LAUREL ZUCKER - "Baroque and Blue" - Claude Bolling Suites for Flute and Jazz Piano - (Cantilena)

MCCOY TYNER - "I'll Be Home For Christmas" - Jingle Bell Jazz - (Sony)

MILES DAVIS - "Blue X-Mas" - Hipster's Holiday - (Rhino)

JULIA LEE AND HER BOYFRIENDS - "Christmas Spirit"- Hipster's Holiday - (Rhino)

TONIC - "Silver and Gold" - It Ain't Over Till the Fat Man Swings - (SKM)

PEARL BAILEY - "Five Pound Box of Money" - Hipster's Holiday - (Rhino)

KATHLEEN BERTRAND - "O Come All Ye Faithful" - Reasons for the Season - (Indep)

JOHN BROWN QUINTET - "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus" - Merry Christmas Baby - (Indep)

DIANNE REEVES - "Little Drummer Boy" - Christmas Time Is Here - (Blue Note)

Hour 6

JOE GRANSDEN - "Up On the Housetop" - I'll Be Home For Christmas - (Brass Menagerie)

DIANNE REEVES - "Carol Of the Bells" - Christmas Time Is Here - (Blue Note)

BILL EVANS - "Peace Piece" - Complete Riverside Recordings - (Riverside)

LYNNE ARRIALE TRIO - "Home" - Come Together - (Motema Music)

WYNTON MARSALIS - "Snoopy and Woodstock" - Joe Cool's Blues - (Sony)

DAVID LEONHART JAZZ GROUP - "O Christmas Tree" - I'll Be Home for Christmas - (Big Bang)

GUITAR MADNESS W/KURT ELLING - "We Three Kings" - Welcome Everything - (Indep)

LAURA CAVIANI - "Sugar Plum A La Mode" - Angels We Haven't Heard - (Indep)

LOUIS ARMSTRONG - "Zat You Santa Claus" - Hipster's Holiday - (Rhino)

TONIC - "The Joint is Jumpin" - It Aint Over Till the Fat Man Swings - (SKM)

Comments, requests, suggestions?

Mark Dove

Producer/host - "Sounds of Jazz"

WBCX 89.1 FM