[JPL] WBGO atttacked by pirates

Michelle Mobley michelle_mobley at sbcglobal.net
Sun Dec 23 21:13:36 EST 2007

THE SQUEAKY JAZZ FAN GETS THE MANTECA

Want to be a royal pain-in-the-neck of the FCC?

•	David Fiske – david.fiske at fcc.gov
•	Maureen Peratino (Fiske’s lacky) – maureen.peratino at fcc.gov – 202-418-0506
•	General number for Fiske’s office – 202-418-0500
•	Toll Free – 888-225-5322
•	Toll Free Fax – 866-418-0232
•	Webmaster for FCC – fhaynes at molly.fcc.gov

Let's give then something to come back to after the holidaze...a boatload of
faxes would be fun.

-Michelle from Peeedro

Nick Francis - KPLU Music Director wrote:
Pirate radio alive and well in Brooklyn.  And the FCC does nothing. (From the
NYT)NF

[http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/organizations/f/fordham_university/index.html?inline=nyt-org]

[http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/organizations/f/federal_communications_commission/index.html?inline=nyt-org]
> Federal Communications Commission, but that the agency was slow to act
> against pirates. Since 2005, the commission has fined only one pirate
> broadcaster in Brooklyn, a man named Elroy Simpson of Prospect-Lefferts
> Gardens, who in January was ordered to pay a $10,000 fine.

> “We don’t comment on our investigative processes.”
>
> But Mr. Evans of WFUV had some advice for legislators. “Florida has a very
> strict law where the police will come to your house, seize your equipment and
> throw you in jail,” he said. “That’s what they need for New York.”

  Michelle Mobley
  660 West 11th St.
  San Pedro, CA  90731
  310-833-0947