[JPL] Oscar Documentary

Jim Wilke jwilke123 at comcast.net
Thu Dec 27 16:06:52 EST 2007

Peter, I think the show you're thinking of originated on CBC TV ... it
may have been rebroadcast on PBS.   There is a great story I've heard
but not able to substantiate, but apparently Zoot Sims was a guest on
the show.   After playing a few tunes together and talking for a while,
Oscar said, "So Zoot, what do you see in the future for the saxophone?"
    Zoot sat staring at the battered, scarred Selmer on his lap for a
moment and replied, "Well, maybe a new lacquer job...."

Jim Wilke
Jazz After Hours, PRI
www.jazzafterhours.org