[JPL] Fwd: Playlist: WCVE-FM Thursday Decenber 27, 207

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Thu Dec 27 22:35:01 EST 2007

Tonight's playlist from WCVE, archived at ideastations.org/radio.
Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235
(804) 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Thursday December 27, 2007

(Leo Robin, Richard Whiting) Louise - Hamp & Getz - Lionel Hampton and
Stan getz - Verve - 831 672-2

(Cannonball Adderly) Nippon Soul - Nippon Soul - Cannonball Adderly -
Riverside - OJCCD-435-2

(Herbie Nichols) Some Wandering Bushmen - Strange City - Herbie Nichols -
Palmetto Music - PM 2077

(James Williams) Arioso - Sound Effect - Steve Nelson - High Note - HCD
7175

(Mel Torme, Robert Wells) Born to Be Blue - Alone Together - Clifford
Brown and  Helen Merrill - Verve - 314 526 373-2

(K. Swift, J. Worburg) Can't We Be Friends - Standards - Sonny Clark -
Blue Note - CDP 7243 8 21283 2 8

(Marvin Stamm) 'T's  Butter - Alone Together - Marvin Stamm - Jazzed Media
- JM 9002

(Frank Silver, Irving Cohn) Yes We have No Bananas - The Roaring Twenties
- Intersound Inc - 1401

8:01 NPR News

(Dennis, Adair) Will You Still be Mine - Soul Eyes - Art Farmer - Enja -
7047 2

(George and Ira Gershwin) Embraceable You - The Calling - Diane Reeves -
Blue Note - 7243 5 27694 2 1

(Mal Waldron) Wheelin' - Interplay - John Coltrane - Prestige -
PRO-PR-0163

Sometimes I Think I Do - Every Day - Jimmy Rushing - Vanguard - 79607-2

(Neal Hefti) Splanky - The Complete Atomic Basie - Count Basie - Roulette
- CDP 7243 8 28635 2 6

(E. A. Swan) When Your Lover Has Gone - Ben Webster Meets Oscar Peterson -
Verve - 829 167-2

(Rodgers and Hart) Blue Moon / (Rodgers and Hart) Lover - The Song Is You:
The Best of the Verve Songbooks - Oscar Peterson - Verve - 314 531 558-2

9:01 NPR News
(Thelonious Monk) Light Blue - Monk Big Band and Quartet in Concert -
Columbia/Legacy - C2K 57326

(Dizzy Gillespi, Charlie Parker) Groovin' High / (Jerome Kern, Oscar
Hammerstein) All the Things You Are / (Dizzy Gillespie) Dizzy Atmosphere -
Yardbird Suite: The Ultimate Charlie Parker Collection - Rhino - R2 72260

(Styne, Cahn) I Guess I'll Hang My Tears out to Dry - Go! - Dexter Gordon
- Blue Note - 7243 4 98794 2 3

(Bernard Hanighen, Gordon Jenkins, Johnny Mercer) When a Woman Loves a Man
- Ella Fitzgerald Sings the Johnny Mercer Songbook - Verve - 314 539 057-2

(Joshua Redman) Home Fries - Monterey Jazz festival: 40 Legendary Years -
Johsua Redman - Malpaso/Warner Brothers - 9 46703-2

(Peter Lerner) Cry for Peace - Cry for Peace - Peter Lerner - Blujazz
Records - BJ 3357

(P. Hand) Brazilian Emerald - Thinking of You - Houston Person - High Note
- HCD 7177