[JPL] The Death of High Fidelity

Jim Wilke jwilke123 at comcast.net
Fri Dec 28 13:42:21 EST 2007

Thanks for forwarding that David - I have seen it before and now that
most of us in radio are familiar with seeing wave forms it's very
illustrative of what has happened to dynamic range.   Add to this the
multi-range compression some (many?) stations also apply on top of a
compressed recording and EVERYTHING IS MAXIMUM GD LOUD ALL THE TIME!

My reaction is to turn it down, and then off,  and go out to a small
club for live music ... or an unamplified classical concert.

Jim Wilke