[JPL] WFCR Playlist/Jazz à la Mode, December 28, 2007

Tom Reney tr at wfcr.org
Fri Dec 28 15:09:18 EST 2007

WFCR Playlist/Jazz à la Mode, Friday, December 28, 2007
Oscar Peterson Memorial, Part 3;  (some of our) jazz piano favorites of 2007

8:00 PM Oscar Peterson Piano Solo Tracks A Little Jazz Exercise MPS 1970 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oscar_Peterson Wikipedia entry

8:03 PM Eldar Re-Imagination Place St. Henri Masterworks Jazz 2007
8:09 PM Peter Beets New Groove Easy Listening Blues Criss Cross Jazz 2007
8:15 PM Onaje Alan Gumbs Sack Full of Dreams The Fishin' Pond 18th & Vine 2007

8:22 PM Oscar Peterson & Milt Jackson Very Tall John Brown's Body Verve 1961
8:29 PM Oscar Peterson Night Train Hymn to Freedom Verve 1962

8:37 PM Andy Bey Ain't Necessarily So All the Things You Are 12th Street 2007
8:42 PM Bill Charlap Live at the Village Vanguard My Shining Hour Blue Note 2007
8:49 PM Martin Bejerano Evolution/Revolution Bouncing With Bud Reservoir 2007

9:00 PM Various The Complete Norman Granz Jam Sessions Funky Blues Verve 1952

9:14 PM Mulgrew Miller Live at the Kennedy Center Confirmation Max Jazz 2007
9:24 PM Jon Mayer So Many Stars Nica's Deam Reservoir 2007
9:29 PM Tardo Hammer Look Stop & Listen The Squirrel Sharp Nine 2007

9:37 PM Oscar Peterson A Jazz Portrait of Frank Sinatra How About You Verve 1959
9:40 PM Oscar Peterson Plays the Cole Porter Song Book I Love Paris Verve 1959
9:43 PM Oscar Peterson Plays Broadway There's a Small Hotel Verve 1952
9:46 PM Oscar Peterson Girl Talk Girl Talk MPS 1968
9:50 PM Oscar Peterson Live From Chicago The Night We Called It a Day Verve 1961

 9:58 PM David Hazeltine The Inspiration Suite Personage of Wes Sharp Nine 2007
10:04 PM Joan Stiles Hurly-Burly Hurly-Burly Oo-Bla-Dee 2007
10:09 PM Joe Lovano & Hank Jones Kids: Live at Dizzy's Budo Blue Note 2007

10:16 PM Buddy DeFranco & Oscar Peterson Play George Gershwin I Got Rhythm Verve 1954
10:19 PM Sonny Stitt Sits in With Oscar Peterson I'll Remember April Verve 1959
10:23 PM Herb Ellis Nothin' But the Blues Les Tricheurs Verve 1958
10:26 PM Zoot Sims and the Gershwin Brothers Embraceable You Pablo 1975
10:31 PM Benny Carter The Urbane Sessions 'Round Midnight Verve 1952

10:37 PM McCoy Tyner Quartet Search for Peace Half Note 2007
10:48 PM Joel Weiskopf Devoted to You You Must Believe in Spring Criss Cross Jazz 2007

10:57 PM Oscar Peterson An Oscar Peterson Christmas Winter Wonderland Telarc Jazz 1995

Monday: NPR's Toast of the Nation, jazz from coast to coast featuring Danilo Perez; Patti Austin; Trio da Paz with Kenny Barron; and the Count Basie Orchestra.

Tom Reney
"Jazz à la Mode"
Monday-Friday, 8 - 11 p.m.

WFCR