[JPL] Playlist WCVE-FM Jazz Friday December 28 2007

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Fri Dec 28 21:52:26 EST 2007

Tonight's playlist from WCVE, archived at ideastations.org/radio.

Thanks and happy new year.

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Seame Street
Richmond VA 23235
(804) 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz playlist Friday, December 28, 2007

(Sampson, Mills) Blue Lou - The Riverside Records Story - Budd Johnson -
Riverside - 4RCD-4422-2

(Gene Ammons) Madame Queen - The Boss Is Back! - Gene Ammons - Prestige -
PRCD-24129-2

(Jay Livingston, Ray Evans) Never let Me Go - Swingchronicity - Phil Woods
with the DePaul University Jazz Ensemble - Jazzed Media - JM 1029

(Ahmad Jamal) Devil's in My Den - A Great Night in Harlem - Ahmad Jamal
with Georg Coleman - Playboy Jazz - PBD27505-2

(Benny Carter, Spencer Williams) When Lights Are Low / (Herb Magidson)
Linger in My Arms - A Lovely Way to Spend an Evening - Calabria Foti
featuring Bob McChesney - A Lovely Way to Spend an Evening - Moco - 23-002

(Lee Morgan) Ceora - Cornbread - Lee Morgan - Blue Note - CDP 84222 2

(Wes Montgomery) Sun Down - Wes Montgomery: The Verve Jazz Sides - Verve -
314 521 690-2

(De Sylva, Rose, Jolson) Avalon - Meet the Jazztet - Art Farmer & Benny
Golson -0 Chess - CHD-91550

8:01 NPR News

(Clapp) Girl of My Dreams - Float Like a Butterfly - Mike Longo - CAP -
1006

(Kim Richmond) Seagate 1 - Kim Richmond Ensemble Live at Café Metropol -
Origin Records - 82487

(Rodgers and Hart) It Never Entered My Mind - Confirmation - Tommy
Flanagan, George Mraz, Elvin Jones - Enja - 4014 2

(Billy Strayhorn) Raincheck - Worktime - Sonny Rollins - Prestige -
OJCCD-007-2

(Irving Berlin) I've Got My Love to Keep Me Warm / (Gershwin, Gershwin,
Kahn) Liza / (Loesser, Malneck) I Go for That - Red Norvo Featuring
Mildred Bailey - Columbia/Legacy - CK 54324

(Charles King) Song of the Islands - Basie Jam #3 - Count Basie - Pablo -
OJCCD-687-2

(Johnson, Coslow) My Old Flame - Lee Konitz in Harvard Square - Black Lion
- BLCD 760928

9:01 NPR News

(Richie Beirach) Broken Wing - Live at Nick's - Chet Baker - Criss Cross
Jazz -1027 CD

(Arthur Schwartz) You and the Night and the Music - Eliane Elias Sings &
Plays Bill Evans - Blue Note - 50999 5 11795 2 6

(Gigi Gryce) Minority - Cry for Peace - Peter Lerner - Blujazz - BJ 3357

(Richard Adler, Jerry Ross) Hey There / (Richard Freed, Burton Lane) How
about You - Come on-a My House - Rosemary Clooney -  Bluebird/Legacy -
82876 80275-2

(Traditional) When the Saints Go Marching in - Prayer Meetin' - Jimmy
Smith - Blue Note - CDP 7 84164 2

(Bobby Sanabria) Child's Walk - Quarteto Ache - Khaeon - KWM 200207

(Avishai Cohen) Lies and Gossip - Braid - 3 Chens Band - Anzic Records -
7001

(Arthur Johnston and Sam Coslow) Moon Song - Louis Armstrong Meets Oscar
Peterson - Verve - 825 713-2