[JPL] JzFmS4 PLAYLIST WGBH BOSTON 12/28/07

Steve Schwartz steve_schwartz at wgbh.org
Sat Dec 29 00:03:38 EST 2007

JAZZ  FROM STUDIO FOUR
Friday, Dec 28, 8pm midnight, WGBH 89.7, BOSTON

LAST CHORUS FROM THOSE WHO PASSED AWAY IN 2007

8:00pm
THEME: Horace Parlan Quintet: Wadin', Speakin' My Piece (Blue Note)

8:05pm
Oscar Peterson: Body and Soul, Solo (Pablo)
Carla White: It's Kind of Lonesome Out Tonight, A Voice in The Night
(Bright Moon)
Max Roach; featuring ART DAVIS: You Stepped Out of A Dream, Deeds, Not Words
(Riverside)

8:27pm
Marchel Ivery: Three Coins in The Fountain, Three (Leaning House Records)
Jeannie and Jimmy Cheatham: Pete Brown, Midnight Mama (Concord)
Jack Wilson: The End of A Love Affair, The Two Sides of Jack Wilson
(Atlantic)

8:52pm
Lee Konitz; featuring SONNY DALLAS: Foolin' Myself, Motion (Verve)
Alvin Batiste: The Latest, Alvin Batiste (Marsalis Music)
Frank Morgan: Skylark, Love, Lost & Found (Telarc)

9:12pm
Miles Davis; Gil Evans; featuring BILL BARBER: The Buzzard Song,
Porgy and Bess (Columbia)
Nellie Lutcher: Fine Brown Frame, Real Gone Gal (Stateside)
Louis Hayes: Scotch and Water (comp. JOE ZAWINUL), Dreamin' of Cannonball
(TCB Records)
Cannonball Adderley; featuring JOE ZAWINUL: Mercy, Mercy, Mercy (comp. JOE
ZAWINUL), The Definitive Cannonball Adderley (Verve)

9:36pm
Andrew Hill: Blue Black, Nefertiti (Test of Time)
Johnny Frigo: Detour Ahead, Live from Studio A (Chesky)
HERB POMEROY; Billy Novick: Born to Be Blue, This Is Always (Daring Records)

10:07pm
Rod Levitt: Vera Cruz, The Arrangers (RCA Bluebird)
Mario Rivera: La Puerta, El Comandante (Groovin' High)
Tony Scott: After After Hours, Tony Scott in Hi-Fi (Brunswick)

10:28pm
Dakota Staton: Trav'lin Light, A Packet of Love Letters (HighNote)
Sal Mosca: I Can't Get Started, Thing-Ah-Majig (Zinnia Records)
Cecil Payne: I Should Care, Cerupa (Delmark)

10:52pm
Kenny Burrell; featuring HERMAN RILEY: 3/4 of The House, Blue Muse (Concord)
Etta James; featuring HERMAN RILEY: Night and Day, Time After Time
(Private Music)
Encompass Quartet; featuring HERMAN RILEY: Virgo, Encompass Quartet (iTunes)

11:12pm
Stan Kenton; featuring BUDDY CHILDERS: Autumn in New York,
Portraits on Standards (Capitol)
Michael Brecker: Anagram, Pilgrimage (Heads Up Records)
Alice Coltrane: Altruvista, A Monastic Trio (Impulsse)

11:34pm
Earl Turbinton; Willie Tee: All Tied Up, Brothers For Life (Unknown)
Kenny Dorham; featuring CARLOS PATATO VALDES: Afrodisia, Afro-Cuban
(Blue Note)
Dave Pike; featuring HERBIE LEWIS: Vierd Blues, Pike's Peak (Portrait)
Albert Ayler; featuring DONALD AYLER: Our Prayer, Live in Greenwich Village
(Impulse)

11:57pm
Oscar Peterson: Take The "A" Train, Solo (Pablo)