[JPL] Playlist: WWUH JazzWeek Report 6/5/07

CObuchow at aol.com CObuchow at aol.com
Tue Jun 5 07:48:25 EDT 2007

WWUH  JazzWeek Report for week ending May 26, 2007

Submitted by Chuck  Obuchowski, WWUH Jazz Director

artist - title -  label

5 spins:
Joel Frahm - We Used to Dance - Anzic Records
Abbey Lincoln - Abbey Sings Abbey - Verve

4  spins:
Chick  Corea/Bela Fleck - The Enchantment - Concord
Pancho  Sanchez - Raise Your Hands - Concord
Arturo Sandoval - Rumba Place  - Telarc

3 spins:
Michael Brecker - Pilgrimage - Heads  Up
Bill Charlap - Live at the Village Vanguard - Blue  Note
Robert  Irving lll - New Momentum - Sonic Portraits
Kate McGarry - The Target - Palmetto

2  spins:
The Bad Plus - Prog - Heads Up
Martin  Bejerano - Evolution/Revolution - Reservoir
Roni Ben-Hur - Keepin' It Open - Motema
Pascal  Bokar - Savanna Jazz Club - Savanna Jazz
Michel  Camilo - Spirit of the Moment - Telarc
Robin  Eubanks + EB3 - Live Vol. 1 - RKM
Rosario  Giuliani - Anything Else - Dreyfus
Fred Hersch  - Night and the Music - Palmetto
George Kontrafouris - Little Daddy's Blues -  Chicken Coup
Jane  Monheit - Surrender - Concord
Frank  Morgan - A Night in the Life - HighNote
Judy  Niemack - Blue Nights - Blujazz
Enrico  Pieranunzi - Live in Japan - Sunnyside
Jimmy  Ponder - Somebody's Child - HighNote
Louis Sclavis - L'Imparfait des Langues - ECM
Spanish  Harlem Orchestra - United We Swing - Six Degrees
Bebo Valdes  & Fredercio Brito - We Could Make Such Beautiful Music - Calle 54

1  spin:
Carl Allen & Rodney Whitaker - Get Ready - Mack  Ave.
Avishai  Cohen - As Is - HalfNote
Paquito  D'Rivera - Funk Tango - Sunnyside
Kurt Elling  - Nightmoves - Concord
John  Fedchock NY Big Band - Up & Running -  Reservoir
Darrell  Grant - Truth & Reconciliation - Origin
Joel  Harrison - Harbor - HighNote
Nino Josele  - Paz - Calle 54
Joe Lovano  & Hank Jones - Kids: Duets Live - Blue Note
Hector  Martignon - Refugee - Zoho
Oscar  Peterson, Ray Brown, Milt Jackson - What's Up - Telarc
Jack  Sheldon - Listen Up - Butterfly

Adds:
Joey  Calderazzo - Amanzur - Marsalis Music
Sara  Gazarek - Return to You - Native Language
Lafayette  Gilchrist - 3 - Hyena
Kiko  Loureiro - Universo Inverso - Boosweet Records
Robert  MacGregor - Refraction of Light - self produced
Donny  McCaslin - In Pursuit - Sunnyside
Joshua  Redman - Back East - Nonesuch
Paul Scea - Contemporary Residents  - Blujazz
Akiko  Tsuruga - Sweet & Funky - 18th & Vine

WWUH - 91.3  FM
Public Alternative Radio at The University of Hartford
200 Bloomfield  Ave.
West Hartford, CT   06117
wwuh.org
Chuck Obuchowski,  Jazz Director
accepting tracking calls Tuesdays, noon - 4 pm,  Eastern