[JPL] PLAYLIST: The Next Jazz America on VOA

davispro at nyc.rr.com davispro at nyc.rr.com
Thu Jun 7 09:38:33 EDT 2007

Following is the log for the next JAZZ AMERICA program from the Voice of America, now heard by more listeners than ever before, not only on the entertainment service MusicMix, but also on the worldwide VOA service via shortwave transmission.
The show is two hours long and reaches a potential audience of 94 million listeners worldwide each weekend.  Visit the Voice of America website @ www.voamusicmix.net and click on schedule in the left column to see the time it is webcast in your timezone as well as when and how to hear it via shortwave.
Also, please take note of the email address for the show.  For any comments or communication you can reach me at jazz-america at voa.gov.

Davis programs
163 third avenue/p.m.b 259.new york, ny 10003
Email…jazz-america at voa.gov

JAZZ AMERICA...SHOW #825...9-10 June 2007
DIZZY GILLESPIE…carioca (live @ newport)
CAROL WELSMAN…too close for comfort (carol welsman)
*Kenny Barron Interview
KENNY BARRON…hallucinations (quintet images)
OSCAR PETERSON…work song
SOPHIE MILLMAN…my baby just cares for me (live @ the winter garden)
REGINA CARTER…cook’s bay (rhythms of the heart)
*Kenny Barron Interview
KENNY BARRON…madman (wanton spirit)
ORNETTE COLEMAN…broadway blues

JAZZ AMERICA...SHOW #826...9-10 June 2007
FREDDIE HUBBARD… high blues pressure (high blues pressure)
DIANA KRALL…I’m an errand girl for rhythm (all for you)
*Kenny Barron Interview
KENNY BARRON…miss missy (quintet images)
STEFON HARRIS…message to mankind (evolution)
MOLLY JOHNSON…but not for me (messin’ around)
YUSEF LATEEF…blues for the orient (eastern sounds)
*Kenny Barron Interview
KENNY BARRON…zumbi (canta brasil)
BILL BARRON…back lash (modern windows suite)

SHOWS #827-828...16-17 June 2007
Happy Birthday CHICK COREA
Plus music from 2 new CHARLES MINGUS
releases on CD…”Cornell 1964” and “Tijuana Moods.”
Russ Davis
Jazz America
Voice of America
jazz-america at voa.gov