[JPL] Dear Abby

Jazz Promo Services jazzpromo at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 7 13:56:55 EDT 2007

Dear Abby,

I have never written to you before, but I really need your advice. I think
my wife is cheating on me. I am a musician and travel sometimes. When I come
home things are not like they used to be. It's very awkward.

The usual signs, her cell phone rings and she steps outside or says call me
later. When I ask her who called she gets evasive.  Sometimes she goes out
with her friends but comes home late, getting dropped off around the corner
and walking the rest of the way home. I never see who brings her home.  I
once picked up the extension phone while she was on the phone. She got angry
and accused me of all kinds of things.

Anyway, I just did not have the courage to come right out and ask her if she
was cheating on me.

A buddy of mine plays guitar in a band. He told me that my wife and some guy
show up at their gigs. He wanted to borrow my amp, and that's when I got the
idea to find out for myself.  I said, sure, you can use my amp but I want to
hide behind it and see if she comes in to the club and with who. He agreed.

Saturday night came. I slipped behind my Marshall JCM800 half stack to get a
good view of the club. I could feel the heat coming off the back of the amp.
It was at that moment, crouching down, when I noticed one of the power tubes
was not glowing like the other three.

Is this something I can fix myself or do I need to take it to a technician?

Thanks