[JPL] Playlist - WCVE Richmond Thur 6-07

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Fri Jun 8 12:58:00 EDT 2007

Back from the vacation that turned in to two and one half weeks of jury
duty, hence the hiatus in our postings.
Anyway here is the latest jazz playlist from 88.9 WCVE-FM. Playlists are
archived online at ideastations.org/radio.

Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235
(804) 560-8171

 WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Thursday June 7, 2007

(Wes Montgomery) Blue Roz - Bags Meets Wes - Milt Jackson and Wes
Montgomery - Riverside - OJCCD-234-2 ((4:43))

(Hank Mobley) My Groove, Your Move - Roll Call - Hank Mobley - Blue Note -
CDP 7 46823 2

(Pete McGuiness) First Flight - First Flight - Pete McGuiness Jazz
Orchestra - Summit Records - DCD 481

 (Freddie Hubbard) Up Jumped Spring - Sack Full of Dreams - Onaje Allan
Gumbs - 18th and Vine - 18V 1051

(Robin, Whiting) My Ideal - We Used to Dance - Joel Frahm - Anzic Records
- 9101

(Eduardo Davidson) El Agua de Pelen - Raise Your Hand - Poncho Sanchez -
Concord Picante - CCD-30149

(Monk) Monk's Dream - Evolution Revolution  - Martin Bejerano - Reservoir
- RSR CD 189

(Heyman, Sourn Eyton, Green) Body and Soul - Monk's Dream - Thelonious
Monk - Columbia - CK 40786

(Robin, Scwartz) A Gal in Calico - The Musings of Miles - Miles Davis -
Prestige - OJCCD-004-2

8:01 NPR News

(Donny McCaslin) Descarga - In Pursuit - Donny McCaslin - Sunnyside - SSC
1169

(Hancock) King Cobra - My Point of View - Herbie Hancock - Blue Note - CDP
7 84126 2

(Fred Hersch) Gravity's Pull - Night and the Music - Fred Hersch -
Palmetto Records - PM 2124

(Charles Mingus) Devil Woman - Oh Yeah - Charles Mingus - Atlantic - 7
90667-2

(Arlen, Mercer) My Shining Hour - The Bill Charlap Trio Live at the
Village Vanguard - Blue Note - 7243 5 97044 2 5

(Michael Brecker) Half Moon Lane - Pilgrimage - Michael Brecker - Heads up
- HUCD 3095

(Lee Gaines, Billy Stauhorn, Duke Ellington) Just a Sittin and a Rockin' /
(Carl Sigman, Duke Ellington) All Too Soon - Dearest Duke - Carol Sloane -
Arbors Jazz - ARCD 19350

9:01 NPR News

(Golson) Jam for Bobbie - Gone with Golson - Benny Golson - Prestige / New
Jazz - OJCCD-1850-2

(C. Pearce, A. Miller) Night Time Was My Mother - The Song Is June - June
Christy - Capitol Jazz - CDP 7243 8 55455 2 8

(Rufus Reid) Come out and Play - Rufus Reid Quintet Live - Motema -
MTM-00009

(Kahn, Malneck, Livingston) I'm Through with Love - Golden Land - Andre
Ceccarelli - Camjazz - CAM 5024

(Don Redman) Cherry - Good Gracious - Lou Donaldson - Blue Note - CDP 7243
8 54325 2 1

(Nacio Herb Brown, Gus Kahn) You Stepped out of a Dream - The Swingin'
Guitar of Tal Farlow - Verve - 314 559 515-2

(Cole Porter) You're Sensational - In the Wee Small Hours in London and
New York - Ruby Braff - Arbors Jazz - ARCD 19219

(Oscar Hammerstein, Jerome Kern) All the Things You Are - A Night at the
Village Vanguard - Sonny Rollins - Blue Note - 7243 4 99795 2 9

(Fred Lacey) Theme for Ernie - Soultrane - John Coltrane - Prestige -
PRCD-30006-2