[JPL] Let's Celebrate Juneteenth!

Clifford Robinson vincent at sylvainsolutions.com
Sat Jun 9 00:57:04 EDT 2007

You're receiving this email because of your
relationship with POLICAMP, Inc. Please
confirm
http://visitor.constantcontact.com/c.jsp?t=1101689433033.13652.124506030.2&m=1011087220895&wl=F
your continued interest in receiving email from us. You may unsubscribe
http://ui.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?p=un&m=1011087220895&ea=jazzproglist%40jazzweek.com&se=13652&t=1101689433033&lang=en&reason=T if you no longer wish to receive our emails.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
JUNETEENTH.com

Press Release
Let's Celebrate Juneteenth!
Celebrations to Draw Participation Across the U.S. and Beyond

New Orleans, La. June 8, 2007 Your achievements, your victories, your goals and
ambitions, are indeed what Juneteenth is all about.

On June 19, 2007, millions across the U.S. and
beyond, people of all ethnicities, creed and colors, will
come together to acknowledge and celebrate the
inalienable rights of liberty and justice.

>From one of the darkest periods in our nation's
history, comes a celebration, sustained by tears and
determination, one that is rising to be of glorious
proportions.  Juneteenth, a celebration that with each
new year, finds itself buoyed by legislation or
proclamation, with holiday status in one state or
another.

>From its Galveston, Texas origin in 1865, Juneteenth
serves symbolically, and in reality, as a reference
point from which to appreciate the progress and
contributions made by African Americans to this
society.

To learn more about this day and to see how others
plan to celebrate, log on to www.Juneteenth.com or
call: 504 242-4691.

National Juneteenth Registry

Often cited as the African American Independence
Day, Juneteenth has been the subject of city, state
and federal legislation in recent years, establishing it
as a special day of recognition, and as one of the
fastest growing events in the country.  The
celebration of Juneteenth originates from Galveston,
Texas, whereas on June 19th, 1865, the word of the
Emancipation Proclamation reached the enslaved.
Today, Juneteenth is embraced and celebrated by all
races and ethnicities in honor, and in
commemoration
of African American culture and achievement.

JUNETEENTH.com developed and maintains the
National Juneteenth Registry - the largest database
of Juneteenth celebrations, organizations and
supporters in existence.  JUNETEENTH.com was
launched in 1996 as a Web portal to communicate
and support the efforts of Juneteenth organizations
and to raise awareness and self-esteem in the
African American community.

June 19th, 2007 marks the 142nd year anniversary of
the celebration of Juneteenth - the oldest nationally
celebrated commemoration of the ending of slavery in
the United States. JUNETEENTH.com reports an
increase in first-time celebrations.   To participate,
organizations and
supporters are encouraged to log on and register
their event and organization in the National
Juneteenth Registry.

Register your event... - http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=j5k67acab.0.cdvqxdbab.4ei6xun6.13652&ts=S0250&p=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.juneteenth.com%2Fpr041505-01_anniversary.htm

About Junteenth.com

The understanding and excitement of Juneteenth is
growing at a phenomenal rate. Cities and States all
across the U.S. and beyond are realizing the
wonderful opportunity we have to come together in
appreciation, reconciliation and commemoration.
During Juneteenth we acknowledge the African
American spirit and pay tribute to the roles and
contributions which have enriched our society.

The JUNETEENTH.com website provides a
channel in
which to connect and unite all whom share the vision
of this celebration.
Website: http://www.juneteenth.com

JUNETEENTH.com
Clifford Robinson
Founder, Juneteenth.com

email: mail at policamp.com
phone: 504 242-4691
email: mail at juneteenth.com
fax: 504-324-0119

© 1996-2005 Juneteenth.com.

Forward email
http://ui.constantcontact.com/sa/fwtf.jsp?m=1011087220895&ea=jazzproglist%40jazzweek.com&a=1101689433033

This email was sent to jazzproglist at jazzweek.com,
by vincent at sylvainsolutions.com

Update Profile/Email Address
http://ui.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?p=oo&m=1011087220895&ea=jazzproglist%40jazzweek.com&se=13652&t=1101689433033&lang=en&reason=T

Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribe(TM)
http://ui.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?p=un&m=1011087220895&ea=jazzproglist%40jazzweek.com&se=13652&t=1101689433033&lang=en&reason=T

Privacy Policy:
http://ui.constantcontact.com/roving/CCPrivacyPolicy.jsp

Email Marketing by
Constant Contact(R)
www.constantcontact.com

POLICAMP | 3706 Marigny Street | New Orleans | LA | 70122