[JPL] PLAYLIST: WNMC Friday Afternoon Jazz 6/8/07

Thomas M. "Biz" Bisard mrbiz at torchlake.com
Sun Jun 10 00:06:49 EDT 2007

                                                                            WNMC
90.7 FM
                                                                  Traverse
City, Michigan, USA
                                                          Small
Town Station - World Class Radio
                                                                           <www.wnmc.org>

                                   Friday
Afternoon Jazz hosted by Biz Bisard <mrbiz at torchlake.com>

                                                                            June
8, 2007

                                                                                2
PM

                   new - WAVERLY
SEVEN                                                      Splish Splash
                             "Yo! Bobby"
                             (Anzic)

                             PONCHO
SANCHEZ                                                   Gestation
                             "Raise Your Hand"
                             (Concord Picante/CMG)

                   new - WAVERLY
SEVEN                                                      Oh! Look at Me Now
                             "Yo! Bobby"
                             (Anzic)

                   new - DICK
SISTO                                                                 New Water
                             "Soul Searching"
                             (Ear X-tacy)

                                                                               BREAK

                   new - DAYNA STEPHENS feat.
JOHN SCOFIELD            Smoking Gun
                             "The Timeless Now"
                             (CTA)

                   new - AKIKO
TSURUGA                                                       Meanie Queeni
                             "Sweet and Funky"
                             (18th & Vine)

                             LURA
Mari D'Ascenson
                             "M'bem di fora"
                             (Times Square)

                                                                                BREAK

concert promo - JOE
JENCKS
Fox River Song
                             "What Kind of Brother"
                             (Turtle Bear Music / www.joejencks.com )

                             RON
THOMPSON
Room for One More Sinner
                             "Resonator"
                              (32/20)

                             SUGAR RAY AND THE
BLUETONES                       Shut Your Face
                             "My Life, My Friends, My Music"
                             (Severn)

                             BUCKY & JOHN
PIZZARELLI                                    The Second Movement of Sonatina
                             "Generations"
                             (Arbors Jazz)

                                                                                  3
PM

                   new - RUFUS REID
QUINTET                                              Celebration
                             "Live at the Kennedy Center"
                             (Motéma)

                   new - ARTURO
SANDOVAL                                                 A Gozar
                             "Rumba Palace"
                             (Telarc Jazz/CMG)

                             MAYNARD
FERGUSON                                              Surviving Soho
                             "The One and Only"
                             ( www.maynardferguson.com )

                                                                                BREAK

                             NOBODY'S
DARLIN'                                                    Long Journey Home
                             "This World Is Not My Home"
                             ( www.nobodysdarlin.com )

                             HARRY MANX & KEVIN
BREIT                                  Don't Swim, Float
                             "In Good We Trust"
                             (Stony Plain)

                   new - TOM WOLFE & GENE
BERTONCINI                        Corcovado
                             "Floating on the Silence"
                             (Summit)

                   new - GLADYS
KNIGHT
Someone to Watch Over Me
                             "Compilation: We All Love Ella"
                             (Verve/UMG)

                                                                                  pause

                   new - STAN BOCK
ENSEMBLE                                           Bouncin' the Baby
                             "Your Check's in the Mail"
                             (OA2)

                   new -
TROMBONILLA
Where's Sepia?
                             "Terminal Clarity"
                             (NJC)

                                                                                   4
PM

                             GREG
BROWN
Cold + Dark + Wet
                             "Yellow Dog"
                             (Earthwork Music)

                             NATE GIBSON & THE
GASHOUSE GANG              My Blackbirds Are Bluebirds Now
                             "...Sing All the Way Home"
                             (Cow Island)

                             ROY
CARRIER
Bird Without His Feathers
                             "Zydeco Soul"
                             (Mardi Gras)

                             RY
COODER
Three Chords and the Truth
                             "My Name Is Buddy"
                             (Nonesuch/WMG)

                                                                                  BREAK

                   new - THE WONDERLAND JAZZ
ENSEMBLE                    My Delight
                             "A Wish"
                             (self-released)

                             RICHKO/KELLER/SIERS
Place St. Henri
                             "To Oscar, With Love"
                             (PKO)

                             ENRICO
ELIA
Together We Stagger
                             "...Music to Go"
                             (Global Graffiti)

                                                                                  BREAK

                   new -
DJABE
Sheafs Are Dancing
                             "Message from the Road"
                             (Gramy)

                             SUEÑOS
LATIN-JAZZ                                                     Goya
                             "Azul Oscuro"
                             (Motophone)

                             THE WILD
MAGNOLIAS                                                 New Kinda Groove
                             "The Wild Magnolias + They Call Us Wild"
                             (Sunnyside)

                   new - AKIKO
TSURUGA                                                            DLG
                             "Sweet and Funky"
                             (18th & Vine)

  Most of the music we play is available through
a link on our web site to CD Universe or from the CD Baby site

                                                                        ****************

We report our jazz, world, electronic, reggae and
breaking genre spins to the JPL - the Jazz
Programmers List  ( www.jazzweek.com ).  Our top
10 jazz, 5 jazz adds and top 10
world/international spins go to CMJ - the College
Music Journal ( www.cmj.com ). We also report our
top 10 jazz spins to
eJazzNews                                 (
www.ejazznews.com ). Our jazz and folk plays go
to Roots Music Report ( www.rootsmusicreport.com
) and  our folk spins are also sent to  the
FOLKDJ-L list  ( www.folkradio.org ). Blues spins
go to Living Blues magazine ( www.livingblues.com ).

                                                                           ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

                                  PLEASE SEND ALL PROMOTIONAL MATERIAL TO:

                                                            WNMC
attn: any of our music directors
                                                            1701
East Front Street