[JPL] Playlist UN Radio Bogota

Juan-Carlos Valencia hjun98 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 11 15:46:15 EDT 2007

free mn_fuzkaHere are our Jazz playlists for the past 9 weeks:

Focus : Big bands

04/08 Carla Bley                  "I hate to sing"    ECM
04/09 Thad Jones tribute band     "One more. vol.2"   IPO
04/10 David Berger                "Marlowe"
04/11 George Gee                  "Setting the pace"  GJazz
04/12 Brooklyn repertory Ensemble "Pramatic optimism" 360

Focus : Latin Jazz

04/15 Latin Jazz Crew    "Authenticity"                 Sunset
04/16 Afrodysia          "A mi tierra"                  Random Chance
04/17 AfroRican ensemble "AfroRican ensemble"           Cherry
04/18 Rumba Club         "Radio mundo"                  Palmetto
04/19 Norman Hedman      "Garden of the forbidden fruit"Power light

Focus : Colombian jazz players (1)

04/22 German Barreto     "Rio"                         Señora Sol
04/23 William Maestre    "Magenta"                     Maestre
04/24 Oscar Acevedo      "Proyectos"                   Acevedo
04/25 Kent Biswell       "Un paso alante"
04/26 Hector Martignon   "Portrait in white and black" Candid

Focus : Colombian jazz players (2)

04/29 Pablo Schlesinger    "Piano solo"
04/30 Samuel Torres        "Skin Tones"  One soul
05/01 Holiday
05/02 Juan Pablo Balcazar  "The heckler" Fresh sound
05/03 Juan Carlos Quintero "Medellin"    Moondo

Focus : Colombian jazz players (3)

05/06 Primero mi tia      "Primero mi tia"      Distritofonica
05/07 Asdrubal            "Habichuela"          Distritofonica
05/08 Juan Carlos Padilla "Danza mestiza"       Delmark
05/09 Ricardo Gallo       "Los cerros testigos" Distritofonica
05/10 Sinto               "Me lo palankeeo"     Señora Sol

Focus : Classic american Jazz

05/13 Charlie Parker      "Jazz round midnight" Verve
05/14 Dizzy Gillespie     "Jazz in Paris"       Gitanes
05/15 Miles Davis         "Ballads"             Columbia
05/16 Thelonious Monk     "Solo Monk"           Columbia
05/17 John Coltrane       "Coltrane"            Impulse

Focus : Top musicians in current american Jazz

05/20 Liberation Music Orch. "Not in our name"            Verve
05/21 Holiday
05/22 Mehldau/Metheny        "Mehldau/Metheny"            Nonesuch
05/23 Wynton Marsalis        "Plantation to penitentiary" Blue Note
05/24 John Scofield & MMW    "Our louder"                 Indirecto

Focus : Sax masters

05/27 John Coltrane         "Plays the blues"          Impulse
05/28 Sonny Stitt           "In Brazil"                Fresh sound
05/29 Sonny Rollins         "Collection"               OJC
05/30 Wayne Shorter         "Allegria"                 Verve
05/31 Michael Brecker       "Two blocks from the edge" Verve

Focus : Male singers

06/03 Nat King Cole         "The world of"          Columbia
06/04 Johnny Hartman        "The voice that is"     Impulse
06/05 Mel Torme             "That´s all"            Columbia
06/06 Frank Jackson         "N.Y after dark"        Kasis
06/07 Kurt Elling           "Nightmoves"            Concord

"Jazz la Hora" is the daily, one-hour long show aired by National
University Radio (98.5 FM) in Bogota, Colombia (South America).

We present classic and modern music from the broad spectrum of Jazz,
including Dixieland, Swing, Bebop, Cool, Hardbop, Latin, Avant-garde,
Bossa Nova, Fusion, Neo-hardbop and most of today´s trends, except
for Smooth Jazz.

You can listen to us streaming at:

http://www.unradio.unal.edu.co

Our schedule is Monday to Thursdays at 9 pm (local). That´s 10 pm
EST. And Sundays at 7 pm. (8 pm EST)

We enjoy showcasing new music, both by big names and by
lesser-known but talented artists, so if you're a musician or label
representative and would like to send us a sample of your work,
please address it to :

Juan Carlos Valencia
UN Radio
Calle 29 #4A-49. 1001