[JPL] Playlist Mon 6-11 WCVE Richmond VA

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Mon Jun 11 21:55:26 EDT 2007

Tonight's playlist from WCVE-FM, archived at ideastations.og/radio.

Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235
(804) 560-8171

 WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Monday June 11, 2007

Please Don't Talk about Me When I'm Gone - Love Letter from Ella - Ella
Fitzgerald with Count Basie Concord Jazz/ Starbucks Entertainment -
CCD-30123ADV

(Lou Donaldson) Spaceman Twist - The Natural Soul - Lou Donaldson - Blue
Note - 7243 5 42307 2 1

(Randy Weston) Niger Mambo - Uhuru Afrika/Highlife - Randy Weston -
Roulette Jazz - CDP 7945102

(Ryan Kaeberle) Something Speaking - The Ryan Kaeberle Double Quartet -
Alternate Side Records - ASR 002

(Darrell Grant) Reconciliation - Truth and Reconciliation - Darrell Grant
- Origin Records - 82477

(Wayne Shorter) Dance Cadaverous - Speak No Evil - Wayne Shorter - Blue
Note - CDP 7 46509 2

(G. Kontrafouris) The Notebook - Little Daddy's Blues - George
Kontrafouris - Chicken Coop Records - CCD 7005

(Kosma, Mercer, Prevert) Autumn Leaves - Guitar Night - John Pisano with
Anthony Wilson - Mal Bay Records - MB 10412CD

8:01 NPR News

(John Lewis) Afternoon in Paris - Bag' Opus - Milt Jackson - Blue Note -
CDP 7 84458 2

(Rodgers and Hart) Blue Moon - Finally - Betty Carter - Roulette Jazz -
CDP 7953332

(Oscar Petiford) Collard Greens and Black-Eyed Peas - On the Brink - Bob
Montgomery & Al Hermann - Summit Records - DCD 475

(Diego Urcola) Last Waltz - Funk Tango - Pacquito D'Rivera - Sunnyside -
SSC 4551

(Oscar Hernandez) Freedom Drive - For the Rest of Your Life - Wilson
Chembo Corniel - Chemboro Records - CR 1002

(Harburg, Arlen, Rose) It's Only a Paper Moon / (Redman, Razaf) Gee Baby
Ain't I Good to You / (N. Robinson) Jumpin' at Capitol - The Complete
Capitol Recordings of the Nat king Cole Trio - Mosaic - 138-Disc 1

(Parish, Mills, Ellington) Sophisticated Lady - Dearest Duke - Carol
Sloane - Arbors Jazz - ARCD-19350

(Lerner, Loewe) Almost Like Being in Love - The President Plays - Lester
Young with the Oscar Peterson Trio - Verve - 831 670-2

(Mulligan) Walkin' Shoes - The Complete Pacific Jazz and capitol
Recordings of the Original Gerry Mulligan Quartet and Tentette with Chet
Baker - Mosaic - 102-Disc 1

9:01 NPR News

(Horace Silver) Calcutta Cutie - Song for My Father - Horace Silver - Blue
Note - 7243 4 9900 2 2 6

(Donny McCaslin) Village Natural - In Pursuit - Donny McCaslin - Sunnyside
- SSC 1169

(Weill, Nash) Speak Low - I'm Glad There Is You: A Tribute to Carmen McRae
- Vanessa Rubin -RCA/Novus - 01241 63170-2

(Neal Miner) Shades of Blue - The Evening Sound - Neal Miner - Smalls
Records - SRCD-0017

(John Coltrane) Alabama - John Coltrane Live at Birdland - Impulse -
MCAD-33109

(Cole Porter) So in Love - Night and the Music - Fred Hersch - Palmetto
Records - PM 2124

(Basie, Carter, Terry, Davis, Grey, Heard, Bellson) Kansas City Line -
Basie Jam 2 - Count Basie - Pablo- OJCCD-631-2