[JPL] TomtheJazzman Playlist 6/10/07

Tom Mallison tomthejazzman at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 11 23:17:24 EDT 2007

Here is the Playlist from Sunday, June 10, 2007.
It could be called LIVING JAZZ when you look at the living musicians playing
throughout the evening.  How can we expect Jazz to Flourish if we do not
play more living artists?

6-10-07 TomtheJazzman
WTEB-89.3, WKNS-90.3, WBJD-91.5
WZNB-88.5, Greenville-88.1

6:00 PM
6:00 PM Scott Hamilton  Man With A Horn   Concord
6:01 PM Dr. Billy Taylor I'll Remember April GRP
6:10 PM Lafayette Gilchrest Spheres of Existence Hyena
6:16 PM Tim Collins Ballad
6:22 PM Dave Brubeck Tangerine Columbia
6:32 PM Gary Burton Going Home GRP
6:38 PM Phil Wilson No More Blues
6:48 PM Suenos Latin-Jazz  Azul Oscuro   Motophone
6:54 PM Rick Haydon & John Pizzarelli  It's A Wonderful World   Mel Bay
6:59 PM Jimmy Ponder  Moontrane   HighNote
7:00 PM
7:05 PM Roni Ben-Hur  Indian Summer   Motema
7:11 PM Joey Calderazzo  I've Never Been In Love Before   Maralis
7:18 PM Maynard Ferguson  Vita Bella   Self-Released
7:23 PM Frank Morgan  Billie's Bounce   HighNote
7:31 PM Monk's Music Trio  Green Chimneys   CMB
7:35 PM Rufus Reid Quintet  Sophisticated Lady   Motema
7:42 PM Pat Metheny & Brad Mehldau  Don't Wait   Nonesuch
7:49 PM Hiroshima  Lanai   Heads Up
7:53 PM Joel Frahm  Jobimiola   Anzic
7:57 PM Bob Montgomery & Al Hermann  Girl Talk   Summit
8:00 PM
8:01 PM Jane Monheit  Moon River   Concord
8:06 PM Michel Camilo  Spirit Of The Moment   Telarc Jazz
8:11 PM Minsarah  Through The Mist   Justin Time
8:16 PM MB3  Cantaloupe Island   Mel Bay
8:21 PM Mnsarah  Close To The End   Justin Time
8:25 PM Marian McPartland-George Shearing Twilight World Concord
8:32 PM Marian McPartland-Gene Harris There Will Be Another You COncord
8:36 PM Randy Crawford & Joe Sample  Save Your Love For Me   PRA
8:40 PM Oscar Peterson, Ray Brown & Milt Jackson  Squatty Roo   Telarc Jazz
8:48 PM Tom Wolfe & Gene Bertoncini  Corcovado   Summit
8:56 PM Tom Wolfe & Gene Bertoncini  How Insensitive   Summit
9:00 PM
9:04 PM Steve Kuhn  Lotus Blossom   Blue Note
9:12 PM Grace Kelly  Samba De Verao (So Nice)   Pazz
9:16 PM Grace Kelly  Somewhere Over The Rainbow   Pazz
9:20 PM Grace Kelly  Here's That Rainy Day   Pazz
9:25 PM Bobby Shew &nsp;E Bom Te Ver De Novo (It's Nice To See You Again)   Torii
9:32 PM Cheryl Bentyne  You Go To My Head   Telarc Jazz
9:37 PM Lenore Raphael  Have You Met Miss Jones   Swingin' Fox
9:47 PM Patti Austin  Porgy And Bess Medley   Rendezvous
10:00 PM
10:04 PM John Pisano My ONe ANd Only Love Mel Bay
10:16 PM Bill Charlap All Across The City Blue NOte
10:28 PM The Pete McGuinness Jazz Orchestra  Chase Scene   Summit
10:36 PM Akiko Tsuruga  Stormy Weather   18th & Vine
10:41 PM Fred Hersch  So In Love   Palmetto
10:47 PM Boots Randolph  I'll Walk Alone   Zoho
10:51 PM Arturo Sandoval  Peaceful   Telarc Jazz
10:55 PM Onaje Allan Gumbs  The Fishin' Pond   18th & Vine