[JPL] New home for WGBH

Eric Jackson eric-jackson at comcast.net
Tue Jun 12 09:46:19 EDT 2007

I did my show last night from the new home of WGBH. The station officially
changed it's address more than a month ago to 1 Guest Street, Boston 02135
but we didn''t go on the air until yesterday as the move is taking place over
several months. There is an artist's drawing of the outside of the building
at www.wgbh.org and I think there are some other pictures elsewhere on the
website.

I haven't seen much of the new place myself. I've seen the air studios, the
library (It's still called "the Radio Record Library") and the office space
that I have but not much more. Construction is not complete yet. I know that
there is a 200 seat performance space that the engineers are very excited
about. I'm not sure if this is true or not but I've heard there is a 10 ft
Steinway Grand in the performance space.

For the last few weeks we asked listeners to email us 3 requests that they'd
like to hear us play when we moved. Their names were then entered into a
drawing to win a Bose sound system. I've posted my playlist from last night.
Everything I played was one of the request I got. I'll play more throughout
the week and on Friday night Steve Schwartz will play more requests.

Eric Jackson
8 pm - mid Mon - Thurs
WGBH Boston
89.7 FM