[JPL] Hello and a major query

Jim Wilke jwilke123 at comcast.net
Tue Jun 12 15:33:46 EDT 2007

Good response, Ed.  And what do you and others think of e.s.t. - the
Esbjörn Svensson Trio - in this context? They are very big in Europe
and have toured the US several times.  I've seen them a couple of times
and I play their CDs frequently on my shows.

To my ears, they're a lot hipper, jazzwise, but still have a lot of
appeal to younger audiences with their repertoire and live electronic
augmentation of the traditional piano bass  & drums trio.  Their
rhythmic approach relates well to pop music but it swings!  The Moutin
Reunion Band is another group that might be considered.

Jim Wilke
Jazz After Hours, PRI
www.jazzafterhours.org