[spam] RE: [JPL] Hello and a major query

jturton at comcast.net jturton at comcast.net
Tue Jun 12 16:55:03 EDT 2007

Jim,

I think many of us would certainly be interested in hearing your son's take on the subject, especially since (I'm assuming at least) he grew up with Jazz in his life. I know my son appreciates jazz musicians doing tunes from some of the bands he listens to but he's really more interested in how a band sounds than whether they play a "cover" of a tune. He's a huge fan of The Bad Plus, E.S.T. Jacob Fred Jazz Odyssey among others. He's not that interested in the American Songbook other than what he ends up playing in Jazz band.

Jeff Turton

From: Jim Wilke <jwilke123 at comcast.net>