[JPL] WFCR Playlist/Jazz à la Mode, June 12, 2007

Tom Reney tr at wfcr.org
Tue Jun 12 19:47:03 EDT 2007

WFCR Playlist/Jazz à la Mode, Tuesday, June 12, 2007
Geri Allen, b. Pontiac, MI, June 12, 1957

8:00 PM Geri Allen Timeless Portraits and Dreams In Real Time Telarc 2006 b. 6/12/57 http://www.geriallen.com/ Geri's website

8:07 PM Grady Tate From the Heart Everybody Loves My Baby Half Note 2007
8:13 PM Kenny Burrell 75th Birthday Bash! All Blues Blue Note 2007
8:17 PM Etta James We All Love Ella Do Nothin' Till You Hear From Me Verve 2007

8:24 PM Geri Allen Timeless Portraits and Dreams Embraceable You Telarc 2006 http://tinyurl.com/28vptj NPR feature
8:27 PM Joel Frahm We Used to Dance Spring Can Really Hang You Up the Most Anzic 2007
8:35 PM Joel Weiskopf Devoted to You You Must Believe in Spring Criss Cross 2007

8:44 PM Betty Carter Feed the Fire Sometimes I'm Happy Verve 1993 w Geri Allen
8:48 PM Wallace Roney Crunchin' Swing Spring Muse 1993 w Geri Allen

8:56 PM Irene Kral The Band and I Comes Love Capitol Jazz 1958 http://tinyurl.com/yvhx3u Kral pages at Cool Singers
8:59 PM Irene Kral The Band and I I Let a Song Go Out of My Heart Capitol Jazz 1958
9:01 PM Irene Kral The Band and I It Isn't So Good Capitol Jazz 1958
9:03 PM Wayne Bergeron Plays Well With Others Georgia Concord Jazz 2007
9:09 PM Tierney Sutton On the Other Side Sometimes I'm Happy Telarc 2007

9:17 PM Geri Allen Maroons Dolphy's Dance Blue Note 1992 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geri_Allen Wikipedia entry
9:23 PM Wallace Roney Munchin' Solar Muse 1993 w Geri Allen
9:31 PM Geri Allen Twenty One In the Morning (for Sister Leola) Blue Note 1994

9:40 PM Serge Chaloff Boston Blow Up Body and Soul Capitol Jazz 1955 http://tinyurl.com/ynndmw photos of Serge at Jazz History Database
9:44 PM Charlie Mariano Plays Alto and Tenor Smoke Gets in Your Eyes Fresh Sound 1955
9:47 PM Irene Kral The Band and I Lazy Afternoon Capitol Jazz 1958
9:50 PM Pete LaRoca Basra Lazy Afternoon Blue Note 1965
9:55 PM Jerry Bergonzi Tenorist La Mesha Savant 2007

10:05 PM Allen/Haden/Motian The Year of the Dragon Invisible JMT 1989
10:09 PM Ornette Coleman Sound Museum Yesterday, Today & Tomorrow Harmolodic 1996 w Geri Allen
10:13 PM Allen/Haden/Motian Etudes Shuffle Montgomery Soul Note 1988

10:22 PM Joshua Redman Back East Indian Song Nonesuch 2007
10:28 PM Adonis Rose On the Verge Shades of Light Criss Cross Jazz 2007
10:34 PM Pat Metheny & Brad Mehldau Metheny Mehldau Quartet A Night Away Nonesuch 2007

10:43 PM Geri Allen Timeless Portraits and Dreams Nearly Telarc 2006
10:47 PM Ron Carter Dear Miles Bags' Groove Blue Note 2007
10:50 PM Jaki Byard Out Front! Searchlight Prestige 1964

Wednesday's highlights: trombonist Curtis Fuller; trumpeter Doc Cheatham; saxophonist Frank Strozier; new releases by Terell Stafford; Melvin Rhyne; and Ingred Jensen.

Tom Reney
"Jazz à la Mode"
Monday-Friday, 8 - 11 p.m.

WFCR