[JPL] Jeru: In the Words of Gerry Mulligan, an Oral Autobiography (Library o

Len Dobbin lendobbin at sympatico.ca
Tue Jun 12 20:46:06 EDT 2007

Thanks Lazaro
Having never heard the Mulligan I wouldn't have known that - another radio
thought
how about the three compositions all titled "Lonely Woman" - composers Benny
Carter, Horace Silver and Ornette Coleman and then there's "I Can't Believe
That You're In Love With Me" recorded by Benny Carter and named by Lee
Konitz as one of his favourites. Lee himself recorded the tune with the
Gerry Mulligan Quartet and as "Two Not One", a contrafact of that tune, done
with Warne Marsh on Atlantic.

Len