[JPL] About the "roots" jazz chart

Arturo arturo893 at qwest.net
Wed Jun 13 19:00:26 EDT 2007

JazzMan Mallison wrote <<< I just heard about a ROOTS JAZZ CHART. Are any of
you JPL stations reporting to that chart? Sort of a mystery to me thus far.

I rec'd the same notice you did from our mutual friend, pianist Lenore
Raphael who advised us that her latest CD is number 15 on this Roots jazz
charts. Like you I never heard of it so I visited their home page
http://www.rootsmusicreport.com/index.php   Roots Music charts many styles
of music including jazz, I saw our own Linda Yohn listed as a reporter so I
venture to guess these reports are based on tracking submitted to them and
not monitired by actual airplay like Frequency media or the Billboard BDS
chart.  Here's the company's mission statement as found on their home page.
Arturo

Our charts Are Not Compiled by a Record Company, Record Promotion Company or
by any Organization or Affiliate  that has an interest in financial gain
from any particular record or artist. RMR is not responsible for content of
news and articles posted on this site, excluding those composed by RMR.
Enjoy our roots / americana music charts our blues music charts, bluegrass
music charts, folk music charts, roots rock music charts , jazz music
charts, reggae music charts, roots gospel music charts, western swing music
charts, true country music charts, and our zydeco music charts. The top 100
and the top 50 of each genre. Roots Music Report helping indie artist
receive radio airplay chart recognition.

 Website designed   ©2001-2002, all rights reserved.
All other content (charts, articles, CD reviews, etc.) are copyright
©2001-2002
Roots Music Report, or their respective owners, all right reserved.
Any content on this site may be reproduced providing roots music report
receives credit.