[JPL] Hello and a major query in E-flat

EdBride at aol.com EdBride at aol.com
Thu Jun 14 10:19:14 EDT 2007

In a message dated 6/14/2007 8:26:51 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
MitchellFeldman at Comcast.net writes:

<<..I heartily second the suggestions about Donald Fagen / Steely  Dan.
My radio program is called "Jazz Without Borders" and I  have played
the title tracks from "Aja" (just yesterday Ed Trefzger  and I were
talking about Steve Gadd's playing at the end of that  tune) and "Two
Against Nature" (that CD features Chris Potter) as  well as other Dan
tunes.  Santana has music from the early 70s  days when Tom Coster was
in the band that are jazzy (on Borboletta,  Caravanserai and let's not
forget the version of "A Love Supreme" he  did with McLaughlin)..etc...>>

I congratulate this diversity, but I thought this thread was intended to
explore music that is being created today and that can entice non-Jazz audiences
into our den.

Ed