[JPL] Hello and a major query in E-flat

richard gangi straightwithchaser at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 14 12:46:13 EDT 2007

THis is the intent of my show also, 'Straight with Chaser', I spend the last
hour of my 3 hour show playing more electric progressive new and classic
jazz/fusion, all in an attempt to attract the younger rocked out set to our
world...hoping that they will tune in earlier, and learn where it came
from...

as jazz continues to evolve, so must the audience - and that is our
job....as programmers...to make the correlation from its roots to todays
spin...thus from Straight jazz Chased with the pumped up sounds of Bop, Hard
Bop, and Fusion...

my feelings are that the local scene is picking up on the show...i hear it
from the local musicians, and their fans...i get calls on the air, and am
being applauded for playing this format...

and i know i am not alone....so to all of you - who are taking the chances
to enrich your audience with those often overlooked tunes...bravo....

Rich

>>I congratulate this diversity, but I thought this thread was intended to
>>explore music that is being created today and that can entice non-Jazz
>>audiences
>>into our den.

Regards,
Rich Gangi