[JPL] Playlist: WCVE-FM Thursday June 14, 2007

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Thu Jun 14 21:56:00 EDT 2007

Tonight's jazz playlist from WCVE-FM, archived at ideastations.org/radio.
Please diect cd's for airplay consideration to the address below.
Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmon VA 23235
(804) 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Thursday June 14, 2007

(Duke Pearson, Frank Paparelli) A Night in Tunisia - Diz 'n' Bird at
Carnegie Hall - Charlie Parker and Dizzy Gillespie - Roost - CDP 7243 8
57061 2 7

(Bejerano) Cubano Arrepentido - Evolution/Revolution - Martin Bejerano -
Reservoir - RSR CD 189

(Wayne Shorter) Paraphernalia - The Essential George Benson -
Columbia/Legacy - 69699 85215 2

(Cy Coleman, Carolyn Leigh) You Fascinate Me So - Come What May - Paula
West - Hi Horse records - HHO 3033

(Duke Pearson) Sweet Honey Bee - Charisma - Lee Morgan - Blue Note - 7243
8 59961 2 2

(Desmond) Take Five - The Essential Dave Brubeck - Columbia/Legacy - C2K
86993

(Walker) What about That! - Funk Tango - Pacquito D'Rivera - Sunnyside -
SSC-4551

(Rollins) Oleo - Contemporary Original Jazz Classics Sampler - Phineas
newborn Jr. - Contemporary - OJCCD-37-

8:01 NPR News

(Art Farmer) Woofin' and Tweetin' - Gene Ammons All Star Sessions -
Prestige - OJCCD-014-2

(Pamela York) Sphere of Influence - The Way of Time - Pamela York -
Jazzful heart Music - JHM 080601

(Reinhardt, Blanche) Crepuscule - Django Reinhardt and the Hot Club of
France Disc C: Paris & London 1940-1946 - JSP Records - CD 904C

(Corea) Seniorita - Enchantment - Chic Corea and Bel Fleck - Concord
Picante - CCD-30253

(Jobim) Wave - The Will to Swing - Oscar Peterson with strings - Verve -
847 203-2

(McFarland) Won't Be Long - Queen in Waiting - Aretha franklin -
Columbia/Legacy - C2K 85696

(Ray Charles) What Could I Do without You - Rough 'n' Tumble - Stanley
Turrentine - Blue Note - 7243 5 24552 2 5

(Pettiford) Bohemia after Dark - The Cannonball Adderly Quintet in San
Francisco - Riverside - OJCCD-035-2

9:01 NPR News

(Earl Hins, Henri Woode) Rosetta - Guitar Night - John Pisano with Peter
Bernstein - Mel Bay Records - MB 10412CD

(Buddy Johnson) Since I Fell for You - The Soul of Nine Simone -
RCA/Legacy - 82876 71973 2

(Terrell Stafford) A Nick off the Mark - Taking Chances - Terrell Stafford
- Maxjazz - MXJ 405

(Robert Higginbotham) Hi-Heel Sneakers - The Incredible Jimmy Smith -
Verve - 314 533 828-2

(George and Ira Gershwin) Our Love Is Here to Stay - Love Letters from
Ella - Ella Fitzgerald - Concord - CCD-30213 ADV

(Wrubel, Magidson) Gone with the Wind - Clifford Brown: the Complete Blue
Note and Pacific Jazz recordings - Blue Note - CDP 7243 8 34195 2 4

(Wolf, Landesman) Spring Can Really Hang You up the Most - We Used to
Dance - Joel Frahm - Anzic Records - 9101

(Herman Hupfeld) As Time Goes by - Dear Miles - Ron Carter - Blue Note -
0946 3 95427 2 9

(Lucky Thompson) Dancing Sunbeam - Tricotism - Lucky Thompson - Impulse -
GRD-135