[JPL] WWSP Jazzweek Playlist

Russell Haines rfhnyc_ at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 17 19:54:45 EDT 2007

JAZZWEEK REPORT for week of 6/17/07

WWSP 90fm
University of Wisconsin Stevens Point
11,500 watts

Russ Haines Jazz/World Music Director
rfhnyc_ at hotmail.com

PLEASE USE E-MAIL FOR CONTACTING ME.
OUR VOICE MAIL SYSTEM IS UNRELIABLE.

4 or more SPINS

4 Martin Bejerano - Evolution/Revolution - Reservoir Music
8 Michael Brecker - Pilgrimage - Heads Up
4 Michel Camilo - Spirit Of The Moment - Telarc
4 Avishai Cohen - As Is... Live At The Blue Note - HalfNote
4 Chick Corea & Bela Fleck - The Enchantment - Concord
4 Chembo Corniel - For The Rest Of Your Life - Chemboro' Records
6 Eldar - Re-imagination - Masterworks Jazz/Sony
4 Kahil El'Zabar's Infinity Orchestra - Transmigration - Delmark
4 E.S.T. - Tuesday Wonderland - Emarcy
4 Robin Eubanks - EB3 Live Vol. 1 - RKM/Kindred Rhythm
4 Ibrahim Ferrer - Mi Sueno - Nonesuch
4 Fred Hersch Trio - Night & The Music - Palmetto
4 Bobby Hutcherson - For Sentimental Reasons - Kind Of Blue Records
4 Nino Josele - Paz - Calle 54
4 Abbey Lincoln - Abbey Sings Abbey - Verve
4 Joe Lovano & Hank Jones - Kids - Blue Note
4 Martirio - Primavera En Nueva York - Calle 54
4 Bob Montgomery/Al Hermann Quintet - On The Brink - Summit
5 Michel Petrucciani - Piano Solo - Dreyfus
4 Jimmy Ponder - Somebody's Child - HighNote
5 Rufus Reid Quintet - Live At Kennedy Center - Motema
4 Poncho Sanchez - Raise Your Hand - Concord Picante
4 Arturo Sandoval - Rumba Palace - Telarc
4 Seattle Women's Jazz Orchestra - Meeting Of The Waters - OA2
4 Chip Shelton - Live Stop 2 Cape May - Chicken Coup
4 Spanish Harlem Orchestra - United We Swing - Six Degrees
4 Frank Tiberi - 4 Brothers 7 - Jazzed Media
4 David Torn - Prezens - ECM
6 Various - We All Love Ella - Verve
4 Phil Wilson's Pan American All-Stars - Music Of A.C. Jobim - Capri Records

2 - 3 SPINS

2 Antonio Adolfo/Carol Saboya - Ao Vivo Live - Points South Music
2 Carl Allen & Rodney Whitaker - Get Ready - Mack Ave.
2 Arjun - Pieces - Phermone Records
2 Bad Plus - Prog - Heads Up
2 Stefano Battaglia - Re: Pasolini - ECM
2 Alan Bergman - Lyrically - Verve
3 Roni Ben-Hur - Keepin'It Open - Motema
3 Stan Bock - Your Check's In The Mail - OA2
3 Pascal Bokar - Savanna Jazz Club - Savanna Jazz Records
3 Till Bronner  - Oceana - Emarcy
3 Joey Calderazzo - Amanecer - Marsalis Music/Rounder
3 Bill Charlap Trio - Live - Blue Note
3 Chicago Underground Trio - Chronicle - Delmark
2 Maynard Ferguson - The One & Only - Maynard Ferguson Trust
3 Joel Frahm - We Used To Dance - Anzic Records
3 Sara Gazarek - Return To You - Native Language
2 Lafayette Gilchrist 3 - Selftitled - Hyena
3 Rosario Giuliani Quintet - Anything Else - Dreyfus
2 Darrell Grant - Truth & Reconciliation - Origin
2 Steve Grossman Quintet - I'm Confessin' - Dreyfus
2 Onaje Allen Gumbs - Sack Full Of Dreams - 18th & Vine
2 Jeff Hackworth - How Little We Know - Big Bridge Music
2 Ryan Haines Big Band - People & Places - Sea Breeze
3 Joel Harrison - Harbor - Highnote
2 Thomas Heflin - Symmetry - Blue Canoe
2 Pamela Hines Trio - Drop 2 - Spice Rack Records
2 Bill Holman Band - Hommage - Jazzed Media
2 Lauren Hooker - Right Where I Belong - Musical Legends Inc.
3 Hot Club Sandwhich - Green Room - Modern Hot Records
2 Robert Irving III - New Momentum - Sonic Portraits
3 Joseph Jarman - As If It Were The Seasons - Delmark
2 Jazz Explorers - Jazz My Soul - Rhythm Dynamics
2 Jazz O'Maniacs - Sunset Cafe Stomp - Delmark
3 Jessica Johnson - Till It Happens To You - Self Produced
3 Steve Khan - Borrowed Time - Tone Center
2 Jeff Kaye - Just Like Me - Jazzed Media
2 George Kontrafouris - Little Daddy's Blues - Chicken Coup
2 Geoff Lapp Trio - Stained Glass - Elephant Records
2 Robert Macgregor - Refraction Of Light - Black Tri Records
2 Justin Marcus - Ask Me How Do I Feel - Self Produced
2 Hector Martigon - Refugee - zoho
2 Pete McGuinness Jazz Orch. - First Flight - Summit
2 Dan McMillion Jazz Orchestra - High Octane - Sea Breeze
2 Minsarah - Minsarah - Enja/Justin Time
2 Roscoe Mitchell  - Composition/Improvisation Nos. 1, 2, 3 - ECM
2 Jane Monheit - Surrender - Concord
3 Monk's Music Trio - Monk On Mondays - CMB Reords
3 Frank Morgan - A Night In The Life - HighNote
3 Mark Murphy - Love Is What Stays - Verve
2 New England Jazz Ensemble - Live! - Sea Breeze
3 Papa Grows Funk - Mr. Patterson's Hat - Funky Krewe Records
2 Jim Pearce - Never Open With A Ballad - Oak Avenue
2 Susan Pereira & Sabor Brasil - Tudo Azul - Riony Records
2 Devin Phillips - Wade In The Water - Self Produced
2 John Pisano - Guitar Night - Mel Bay
3 Lenore Raphael - Invitation - Swingin' Fox
3 Joshua Redman - Back East - Nonesuch
3 Paul Scea - Contemporary Residents - BluJazz
2 Jan Shapiro - Back To Basics - Singing
2 Mark Soskin - One Hopeful Day - Kind Of Blue Records
2 Johnny Summers - Walk Through The Park - Independent Records/MAPL
3 Suenos Latin-Jazz - Azul Oscuro - Self Produced
2 Trombonilla - Terminal Clarity - Now Jazz Consortium
2 Akiko Tsuruga - Sweet & Funky - 18th & Vine
2 Bennie Wallace - Disorder At the Border - Enja/Justin Time
2 Wilson, Purdie & Green - The Godfathers Of Groove - 18th & Vine
3 Tom Wolfe & Gene Bertoncini - Floating On The Silence - Summit

**** The next add date for WWSP is 6/24/07. We will have space for 15 discs.
  I review & add discs in the order in which they are received. ****

All discs chart for 8 weeks and then move to recurrent. This is to keep up
with the quantity of quality discs that we receive. Thanks for your support.

Russ