[JPL] WBCX 89.1 FM's Sounds of Jazz playlist for June 23,2007

jazzhead jazzhead at bellsouth.net
Sun Jun 17 20:55:01 EDT 2007

Playlist for Sounds of Jazz on WBCX 89.1 FM for June 23,2007

Part of our "Straight Ahead Saturday Night" line-up.

Featuring "Sounds of Jazz" with Mark Dove from 6PM to 12PM

"Sounds of Jazz" features straight ahead jazz primarily from the 1950's to the present. The shows mission is to spread the awareness of some of the country's greatest music and to feature local area artists in the Atlanta and the Southeast area live in the studio in interview segments to spread the word about the artists.

Playlist for June 23,2007

I'm featuring two great new CDs from two great Hammond B-3 organists for this show - the Barney McClure Trio from Oregon and the Sam Yahel Trio (organist for Joshua Redman, Madeleine Peyroux, and Bill Frisell). Sam's CD features Joshua Redman on tenor sax and Brian Blade on drums.

Hour 1

BARNEY MCCLURE TRIO - "SchizoBlues" - Spot - (OA2)

BILL CHARLAP TRIO - "Godchild"- Live at the Village Vanguard - (Blue Note)

ROBERT GLASPER - "G&B" - In My Element - (Blue Note)

SAM YAHEL TRIO - "Truth and Beauty" - Truth and Beauty - (Origin)

JIM PEARCE - "The Things I've Seen" - Never Open With a Ballad - (Oak Ave)

JOEL FRAHM - "Joanne Julia" - We Used to Dance - (Anzic)

BARNEY MCCLURE TRIO - "Opus De Riff" - Spot - (OA2)

SQUAT - "Rickshaw" - Squat - (Namaste)

VINCE NORMAN/JOE MCCARTHY BIG BAND - "Where's My Hasenpfeffer?" - Words Can't Express - (OA2)

Hour 2

SAM YAHEL TRIO - "Man O'War" - Truth and Beauty - (Origin)

JOSHUA REDMAN - "East of the Sun (and West of the Moon)" - Back East - (Nonesuch)

RON DI SALVIO - "Six Shades of Green" - Essence of Green (A Tribute to Kind of Blue) - (Origin)

BARNEY MCCLURE TRIO - "Tick Tock" - Spot - (OA2)

ABBEY LINCOLN - "Blue Monk" - Abbey Sings Abbey - (Verve)

STAN BOCK ENSEMBLE - "Crystal's Waltz" - Your Check's In the Mail - (OA2)

SAM YAHEL TRIO - "Saba" - Truth and Beauty - (Origin)

AMY CERVINI QUARTET - "Famous Blue Raincoat" - Famous Blue - (Orange Grove Jazz)

SARA GAZAREK - "Carey" - Return to You - (Native Language)

Hour 3

BARNEY MCCLURE TRIO - "Spot" - Spot - (OA2)

FRED HERSCH TRIO - "Galaxy Fragment/You and the Night and the Music" - Night and the Music - (Palmetto)

ANNE KERRY FORD - "I'm a Stranger Here Myself" - Weill - (Illyria)

SAM YAHEL TRIO - "Night Game" - Truth and Beauty - (Origin)

ALVIN BATISTE - "I Wonder Where Our Love Has Gone" - Marsalis Music Honors - (Rounder)

SEATTLE WOMEN'S JAZZ ORCH. - "Encontro Das Aguas (Meeting Of the Waters)" - Meeting Of the Waters - (OA2)

BARNEY MCCLURE TRIO - "Who I Am" - Spot - (OA2)

ROBERT GLASPER - "Of Dreams to Come" - In My Element - (Blue Note)

Hour 4

SAM YAHEL TRIO - "Check Up" - Truth and Beauty - (Origin)

HORACE SILVER - "Opus De Funk" - Retrospective - (Blue Note)

JOHN COLTRANE - "I'm Old Fashioned" - Blue Train - (Blue Note)

BARNEY MCCLURE TRIO - "Turnabout" - Spot - (OA2)

JOHNNY GRIFFIN - "Smoke Stack" - A Blowin' Session - (Blue Note)

SAM YAHEL TRIO - "Bend the Leaves" - Truth and Beauty - (Origin)

WES MONTGOMERY - "S.K.J." - Complete Riverside Recordings - (Riverside)

RED GARLAND W/JOHN COLTRANE - "Billie's Bounce" - The Prestige Recordings - (Prestige)

Hour 5

BARNEY MCCLURE TRIO - "Blues In Da Groove" - Spot - (OA2)

BILL EVANS TRIO - "Solar" - The Complete Riverside Recordings - (Riverside)

BOBBY HUTCHERSON - "Components" - Components - (Blue Note)

SAM YAHEL TRIO - "Child Watching" - Truth and Beauty - (Origin)

CHET BAKER - "Carson City Stage" - The Pacific Jazz Years - (Pacific Jazz)

JIM PEARCE - "Never Open With a Ballad" - Never Open With a Ballad - (Oak Ave)

BARNEY MCCLURE TRIO - "Break of Day" - Spot - (OA2)

DEXTER GORDON - "Society Red" - Doin' Allright - (Blue Note)

Hour 6

SAM YAHEL TRIO - "A Paz" - Truth and Beauty - (Origin)

THELONIOUS MONK - "Blues Five Spot" - Complete Riverside Recordings - (Riverside)

BARNEY MCCLURE TRIO - "Solemnity" - Spot - (OA2)

VINCE NORMAN/JOE MCCARTHY SEXTET - "Voo Zsa Day" - Words Cannot Express - (OA2)

BILL CHARLAP TRIO - "My Shining Hour" - Live at the Village Vanguard - (Blue Note)

SAM YAHEL TRIO - "Festinhas" - Truth and Beauty - (Origin)

BOB SHAW - "Round Midnight" - Musin - (Varga Sound)

Comments, requests, suggestions?

Mark Dove

Producer/host - "Sounds of Jazz"

WBCX 89.1 FM