[JPL] WCLV Jazz Playlist for 6/17

John Simna jsimna at wclv.com
Mon Jun 18 09:34:06 EDT 2007

This is what aired this past weekend on Jazz All Night from WC LV in
Cleveland:

Performer                   Music                  Recording Title
Label

12:00Mid

Horace Silver     Song for My Father          (same)
Blue Note

Spanish Harlem Orchestra    Danzon for My Father

                                                        United We Swing
Six Degrees

Tom Knific           The Baron                          Siena
Sea Breeze

Tony Scott        Memory of My Father      Sung Heroes
Sunnyside

Tony Scott      Blues for an American Friend      "
Sunnyside

Tony Scott                Third Moon         A Day in New York       Fresh
Sound

Paul Motian            Party Line              Time and Time Again      ECM

Joshua Redman        Indian Song                 Back East
Nonesuch

1:00AM

Tony Scott        Night in Tunisia              At Last
32 Jazz

Tom Wolfe-Gene Bertoncini      Con Alma

                                                Floating on the Silence
Summit

Dizzy Gillespie All-Star Big Band       Blue 'n' Boogie

                                                           Dizzy's Business
MCG

Dizzy Gillespie    Billie's Bounce         To Bird with Love
Telarc

Arturo Sandoval      Having Fun               Rumba Palace
Telarc

Wayne Wallace      Tune Up   The Reckless Search for Beauty    Patois

2:00AM

Tony Scott         Solitude            The Old Lion Roars
Giants of Jazz

Avishai Cohen       Caravan                 As Is.
Half Note

Basie Band            In A Mellow Tone       Basie is Back
Concord

Tony Scott          Walkin'                     At Last
32 Jazz

Conrad Herwig       Solar       Sketches of Spain y Mas                Half
Note

3:00AM

Tony Scott       Easy Living        The Clarinet Album
Philology

Ted Nash            Durning's Dance        In the Loop
Palmetto

Tony Scott    'Round Midnight              A Jazz Life
Kind of Blue

Joe Lovano-Hank Jones      Four in One        Kids                      Blue
Note

Bill Holman      Bemsha Swing                     Hommage
Jazzed Media

Ben Riley         Green Chimneys           Memories of T
Concord

4:00AM

Tony Scott       Love Me Tomorrow     East Coast Sounds         Jazzland

Al Cohn-Zoot Sims       Mr. George      Live at the Left Bank     Label M

Frank Tiberi       The Goof and I                 4 Brothers 7
Jazzed Media

Woody Herman Band       Apple Honey        Live in London      NY Jam

Cleveland Jazz Orchestra-Joe Lovano    Some Changes

                                                       The Surprise of Being
CJO

Judi Silvano       What's Your Story, Morning Glory?

                                                                  Women's
Work        JSL

5:00AM

Tony Scott          Come Sunday                 A Jazz Life
Kind of Blue

Horace Silver       Que Pasa?         Song for My Father                Blue
Note

Diana Krall     Dream a Little Dream of Me    We All Love Ella    Verve

Ella Fitzgerald-Stevie Wonder   You are the Sunshine of My Life

                                                                      We All
Love Ella    Verve

Ella Fitzgerald-Count Basie      Some Other Spring

                                            Love Letters from Ella
Fitzgerald        Concord

Ella Fitzgerald-Count Basie    Please Don't Talk About Me

                                            Love Letters from Ella
Fitzgerald        Concord

Frank Foster             Simone                     Well Water
Piadrum

Charlie Bertini       Straight, No Chaser    Classic Performacnes
Applejazz

Tony Scott     Don't Explain          Homage to Lady Day
Philology

John Simna

jsimna at wclv.com

WCLV