[JPL] Programmers....Sit or Stand?

Ed Trefzger ed.trefzger at jazzweek.com
Mon Jun 18 22:57:33 EDT 2007

Jae Sinnett wrote:
> Okay.....something certainly not important but I am curious.........We are getting our studio's remodeled and the question was asked if we want to sit or stand.

I absolutely recommend setting the desk height for both sitting and
standing and using an adjustable-height padded stool with a back for
seating.  That way all can be accommodated.

The ergonomic design reference book that I just blew the dust off of
suggests a height of about 40 inches for the table top for a standing
workstation.  My even dustier Architectural Graphic Standards book
suggests 40-42 inches.

Ed