[JPL] Programmers....Sit or Stand?

Blaise Lantana blaise.lantana at riomail.maricopa.edu
Tue Jun 19 01:23:43 EDT 2007

We moved into a new studio a couple of years ago, and it was a drastic
adjustment.

They installed a standing studio with tall chairs so that those of us who
actually stay in there, as opposed to the news guys who do a drive by, can
sit.
My legs often fall asleep and I hate not having my feet on the ground.  I
have a little step stool to put my feet on but it doesn't feel as stable as
when we had a sitting studio.

As a professional I know how to sit up straight and project.  If you have a
boom mike you can always choose to stand, but I don't recommend putting in a
standing studio.
The news guys always want stand up because they are never in the studio
except to be on mike.  So if you are a mixed group you will lose to their
choice, that's what happened here.

Blaise Lantana
Music Director
KJZZ Phoenix