[JPL] Yoshi's Pulls Anniversary CD Due to Lack of

George Thomas jazz at vpr.net
Tue Jun 19 08:29:25 EDT 2007

Jae, Ben, Lloyd, et.al.

I program my show without a fixed playlist. The show is improvised and I'm
constantly
asking myself what & who I've forgotten: women, black , asian, european,
trumpet,
sax, big band, solo piano, trio, bass clarinet, bebop, Canadian, hard bop,
blues, early jazz,
new release, vocal, New Orleans, brass band, classic, poetry, etc, etc.
The constant
reworking is fed by audience e-mails, conversations with colleagues and
the many
mailings & e-mails from suppliers & JPL DJ's playlists, musicians, labels,
mags & newspapers.

I think the mix works out over time and I try to make any selection based
1st on musical quality.
This fall I celebrate 35 years of radio shows put together with total
freedom of choice.
Mostly I listen.

Results at www.vpr.net/jazz where you can search by artist, label, song,
title, etc.

George

Jazz In The Evening with George Thomas
Vermont Public Radio
365 Troy Ave
Colchester, VT 05446

jazz at vpr.net
www.vpr.net/jazz
Tu-Th 8-10pm, Fr 8pm-mid

jazz at vpr.net
www.vpr.net/jazz
Tu-Th 8-10pm, Fr 8pm-mid

--
This message has been scanned by MailScanner