[JPL] Didya notice or is it just me???????

Arturo arturo893 at qwest.net
Tue Jun 19 19:13:04 EDT 2007

After my weekly download of the Jazz Week charts I couldn't help but notice
a very peculiar occurence, Brian Bromberg's Downright Upright album came
from out of nowhere and landed on top of the heap, number one by more than
double spinnage of the runner up Brecker CD. I like the Bromberg release,
jazz89KUVO played it extensively and we interviewed Brian as Jimmy Durante
would've said-"een poysun" when he was in Denver, however this is a
re-current album as it was released in January of this year and had it's
stance on the charts. Last week this Cd had "only" 72 spins and this week it
accumulated 573, what's wrong with this picture?  Was a song of his used as
a promo on NPR causing this elevated spin count? Inquiring minds will like
to know.

Arturo