[JPL] Dave Frishberg REMEMBERING THE HALF NOTE

JAZZYGUY1948 at aol.com JAZZYGUY1948 at aol.com
Wed Jun 20 09:56:45 EDT 2007

Great Article Dave Frishberg about the reknowned jazz club 'the half  note
In Response ...

Greetings from jazz jock stu grant in south florida over love 94 fm with
love 94's sunday jazz brunch.
The jazz dj you spoke of Alan Grant over wabc fm friday nights at the Half
note jazz club is none other than my dad Veteran jazz dj, war  veteran  and
show producer..Alan Grant. I am pleased to say he is  alive and well at 87 years
old ( a heck of a poker player) residing with me  in south florida..

I remember going with him to the Half Note on hudson and spring on numerous
occasions, enjoying a delicious chicken parm sandwich late at night and
sitting back to enjoy wes montgomery, horace silver, jimmy rushing, john  coltrane
among others.. Those experiences impacted my passion for jazz and to  this day
I present a wonderful  well received sunday jazz brunch radio show  over love
94 fm 9 am til 2 pm going on my 12th year featuring the jazz  classic's latin
jazz and a pinch of (smooth jazz which is the general format of  the
station).
It was my dad alan grant along with max gordon of the village vanguard that
started the Thad Jones Mel Lewis big band on Monday Nights in feb of  1966...
The Canterino family were wonderful with a love for live jazz  entertainment

Stu Grant
Love 94 sunday jazz brunch
miami, ft laud, west palm beach