[JPL] WFCR Playlist/Jazz à la Mode, June 20, 2007

Tom Reney tr at wfcr.org
Wed Jun 20 14:24:17 EDT 2007

WFCR Playlist/Jazz à la Mode, Wednesday, June 20, 2007

8:00 PM Kenny Burrell 75th Birthday Bash Live! All Blues Blue Note 2007 http://tinyurl.com/yrpdv9 Hard Bop Homepage

8:05 PM Diana Krall From This Moment On It Could Happen to You Verve 2006
8:09 PM Allan Vache With Benny in Mind Flyin' Home Arbors 2007
8:15 PM Ben Riley Memories of T Let's Call This Concord Jazz 2006

8:23 PM Dianne Reeves We All Love Ella Oh Lady By Good Verve 2007
8:26 PM Harry Connick Jr. Chanson du Vieux Carre Someday You'll Be Sorry Marsalis Music 2007
8:31 PM Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong Ella & Louis Cheek to Cheek Verve 1957

8:39 PM Kenny Burrell 75th Birthday Bash Live! A Night in Tunisia Blue Note 2007
8:51 PM Dizzy Gillespie Have Trumpet Will Excite! Woody 'n' You Verve 1959

9:00 PM Steve Kuhn Live at Birdland If I Were a Bell Blue Note 2007
9:10 PM Mike DiRubbo New York Accent: Live at Kitano Ray's Idea Cellar Live 2007

9:21 PM Chu Berry Columbia and Victor Sessions When I Grow Too Old to Dream Mosiac 1935 w Putney Dandridge
9:24 PM Chu Berry Columbia and Victor Sessions When You're Smiling Mosaic 1937 http://tinyurl.com/2atugj All About Jazz review
9:27 PM Chu Berry Columbia and Victor Sessions I Can't Believe That You're in Love With Me Mosaic 1937
9:30 PM Chu Berry Columbia and Victor Sessions Lover Come Back to Me Mosaic 1938 w Mildred Bailey
9:33 PM Chu Berry Columbia and Victor Sessions That's All I Ask of You Mosaic 1938 w Billie Holiday

9:38 PM Abbey Lincoln Abbey Sings Abbey Blue Monk Verve 2007
9:43 PM Steve Kahn Borrowed Time I Mean You Tone Center 2007
9:51 PM Gretchen Parlato Come to Me www.gretchenparlato.com 2005 http://tinyurl.com/yupn8r Hartford concert, July 8
9:56 PM Michael Leonhart Slow Azure Sunnyside 2002

10:03 PM Paquito D'Rivera Funk Tango La Yumba/Caravan Sunnyside 2007
10:11 PM Michel Camilo Spirit of the Moment Just Now Telarc 2007
10:16 PM Ron Carter Dear Miles Gone Blue Note 2007

10:22 PM Adonis Rose On the Verge Shades of Light Criss Cross Jazz 2007
10:28 PM Alex Sipiagin Prints Prints Criss Cross Jazz 2007 http://www.alexsipiagin.com/ the trumpeter's website

10:40 PM Kenny Burrell All Day Long All Day Long Prestige 1957 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenny_Burrell Wikipedia entry

Thursday's highlights: birthday features on pianists Eric Reed and Rob Schneiderman; Charles Mingus in Paris, 1970; and new releases by Eldar,
Joel Weiskopf, Robert Glasper, and Martin Bejerano.

Tom Reney
"Jazz à la Mode"
Monday-Friday, 8 - 11 p.m.

WFCR