[JPL] PLAYLIST: The Next Jazz America on VOA

davispro at nyc.rr.com davispro at nyc.rr.com
Thu Jun 21 09:27:31 EDT 2007

Following is the log for the next JAZZ AMERICA program from the Voice of America, now heard by more listeners than ever before, not only on the entertainment service MusicMix, but also on the worldwide VOA service via shortwave transmission.
The show is two hours long and reaches a potential audience of 94 million listeners worldwide each weekend.  Visit the Voice of America website @ www.voamusicmix.net and click on schedule in the left column to see the time it is webcast in your timezone as well as when and how to hear it via shortwave.
Also, please take note of the email address for the show.  For any comments or communication you can reach me at jazz-america at voa.gov.

Davis programs
163 third avenue/p.m.b 259.new york, ny 10003
Email…jazz-america at voa.gov

JAZZ AMERICA...SHOW #829...23-24 June 2007
MILT HINTON…slap happy (old man time)
THE BAD PLUS…1980 world champion (prog)
*Pat Metheny Interview
Anna Maria Jopek & Pat Metheny…so many it secretly begin (upojenie)
MICHAEL BRECKER…the mean time (pilgrimage)
ELDAR…polaris (re-imagination)
VON FREEMAN…hard hittin’ (the great divide)
*Al Di Meola Interview
Leonid Augutin & Al Di Meola…cosmopolitan life (cosmopolitan life)
EUGENE MASLOV…here comes juliette (when I need to smile)
NEW COOL COLLECTIVE…bambole (trippin’)

JAZZ AMERICA...SHOW #830...23-24 June 2007
ERIC DOLPHY…out there (out there)
JOE HENDERSON & CHAKA KHAN…summertime (porgy & bess)
*Pat Metheny Interview
PAT METHENY & BRAD MEHLDAU…a night away (quartet)
COUNT BASIE & LESTER YOUNG…jumpin’ at the woodside (1944)
ELLA FITZGERALD & STEVIE WONDER…you are the sunshine of my life
                                                                    (we all love ella)
*Al Di Meola Interview
AL DI MEOLA…campero (diabolic inventions & seduction)
MICHEL CAMILO…birk’s works (on the other hand)
DIZZY GILLESPIE & MACHITO…pensativo

SHOWS #831-832...30 June-1 July 2007
Special guest: Steve Khan with cuts from his
new CD “Borrowed Time.”
plus cuts from the new all-star celebration of
Ella Fitzgerald…”We All Love Ella.”

Russ Davis
Jazz America
Voice of America