[JPL] Playlist WCVE-FM Jazz Thursday June 21

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Thu Jun 21 21:47:35 EDT 2007

Tonight's playlist from WCVE-FM. Please direct cd's for airplay
consdieration to the address below.
Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235
(804) 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Thursday June 21, 2007

(Rodgers and Hart) My Romance - The Best of Bill Evans - Riverside - RCD
5712-2

(Pete McGuinness) Lonely Dance - First Flight - The Pete McGuiness Jazz
Orchestra - Summit Records - DCD 481

(Bebo Valdes) Devocion / El Son de Cecilio - Bebo de Cuba - Bebo Valdes -
Calle 54 Records - 45400-2

(Traditional) Sometimes I Feel Like a Motherless Child - The Way of Time -
Pamela York - Jazzful Heart Music - JHM080601

(Redd Evans, Dave Mann) No Moon at All - New Wonderland: The Best of Jeri
Brown - Justin Time - Just - 223-2

(Michael Brecker) Half Moon Lane - Pilgrimage - Michael Brecker - Heads up
- HUCD 3095

(Shirley Scott) There's Blues Everywhere - I Ain't Looking at You - Alvin
Queen - Enja/Justin Time - JENK-3329-2

(Monk, Williams, Hanighen) Round Midnight - John Pisano's Guitar Night -
Mel Bay Records - Mel Bay Records - MB10412CD

8:01 NPR News

(Coltrane) Acknowledgement - A Love Supreme - John Coltrane - Impulse -
314 589 945-2

(Chic Corea) Now He Sings Now He Sobs - Now He Sings, Now He Sobs - Chic
Corea - Blue Note - CDP 7 90055 2

(Jon Hendricks, Benny Golson) I Remember Clifford - Brownie: Homage to
Clifford Brown - Helen Merrill - Gitanes / Verve - 314 522 363-2

(Ray Noble) Cherokee - Study in Brown - Clifford Brown and Max Roach -
EmArcy - 814 646-2

(Vince Norman) I Left My Baby in Baltimore - Words Cannot Express - Vince
Norman-Joe McCarthy Big Band - Origin records - OA2 22035

(BenWebster) Charlotte's Piccolo - Ben Webster: The Soul of Ben Webster -
Verve - 314 527 475-2

9:01 NPR News
(Mulgrew Miller) Dreamin' - With Our Own Hands - Mulgrew Miller -
RCA/Novus - 01241 63171-2

(Joel Frahm) We Uses to Dance - We Used to Dance - Joel Frahm - Anzic
Records - 9101

(Johnny Dodds) Bucktown Stomp / (Unknown) Weary Stomp / (Dodds) Bull
Fiddle Blues - Blue Clarinet Stomp - Johnny Dodds - Bluebird - 2293-2-RB

(Gaskill, McHugh) I Can't Believe That You're in Love with Me / (P.
Baxter) I'm a Ding Dong Daddy from Dumas (Schwarz, Jerome) Chinatown, My
Chinatown - Louis Armstrong: Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man -
Columbia/Legacy - 57176

(Jack Yellen, Milton Ager) Ain't She Sweet - Michael Moore/Bill Charlap
Concord Duo series Volume Nine - Concord - CCD-4678

(Wes Montgomery) Four on Six - Impressions: The Verve Jazz Sides - Wes
Montgomery - 314 521 690-2

(Nat Adderly) Work Song - The Cannonbal Adderly Collection Volume 1 -
Landmark - LCD-1301-2