[JPL] Playlist WCVE Fri June 22

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Fri Jun 22 21:52:23 EDT 2007

Tonight's playlist from WCVE, posted at ideastations.org/radio.

WCVE-FM Jazz Play list Friday June 22, 2007

(Jerome Kern, Dorothy Fields) The Way You Look Tonight - With a Song in My
Heart - Lew Soloff - Milestone - MCD-9290-2

(Harvie S) Coco Loco - Funky Cha - Harvie S - Zoho - ZM 200605

(Denzil Best) Wee - John Pisano's Guitar Night - John Pisano and Corey
Christianson - Mel Bay Records - MB10412CD

(Egberto Gismonti) Loro - Junjo - Esperanza Spalding - Ayva - 036

(Paul Desmond) Alianca - Lemme Tel Ya bout Desmond - Label M - 495715

(Gershwin, Gershwin, Heyward) It Ain't Necessarily So - Mary Lou Williams
Live at the Keystone Korner - Highnote - HCD 7097

(Raye, DePaul, Johnston) I'll Remember April - The Tenor Scene - Eddie
Lockjaw davis and Johnny Griffin - Prestige - OJCCD-940-2

(DeLugg, Stein) Orange Colored Sky - The Complete Capitol Recordings of
the Nat King Cole Trio - Mosaic Records - 138 Disc XV

8:01 NPR News

(Jimmy Rowles) Old Orleans - New Wonderland - the Best of Jeri Brown -
Justin Time - 223-2

(Nocentell, Neville, Porter, Modeliste) Ease Back - Blue Breakbeats -
Grant Green - Blue Note - CDP 7243 4 94705 2 1

(Freddie Hubbard) Outer Forces - Blue Spirits - Freddie Hubbard - Blue
Note - CDP 7 46545 2

(Heyman, Sour, Eyton, Green) Body and Soul - Disorder at the Border -
Bennie Wallace - Enja / Justin Time - JENJ 3327-2

(Ellington, David) I'm Just a Lucky So and So - Linger Awhile - Sarah
Vaughan - Pablo - PACD-2312-144-2

(Henri Renaud) Souscription - Jazz in Paris - Lucky Thompson - Gitanes -
159 823-2

(Tadd dameron) Dameronia - Fats Navarro and Tadd Dameron - Blue Note - CDP
7243 8 33373 2 3

(Lerner, Lane) On a Clear Day - Pablo Original Jazz Classics Sampler -
Oscar Peterson and Joe Pass - Pablo - OJCCD-3704-2

(Paul Kramer) It's All about You - Swing - Suzy Bogguss - Compadre -
9251512

9:01 NPR News

(S. Yahel) Saba - Truth and Beauty - Sam Yahel Trio - Origin Records -
82479

(Marcus McLaurine) Destiny - Sack Full of Dreams - Onaje Allan Gumbs -
18th & Vine - 18V 1051

(Lalo Schfrin) Prelude - Gillespiana - Dizzy Gillespie - Verve - 314 519
809-2

(Kenny Barron) Twilight - Sphere - Kenny Barron, Gary Bartz, Ben Riley,
Buster Williams - Verve - 314 557 796-2

(Bob Dorough) I've Got Just about Everything - Everything I Need - Carol
Fredette Sings Dave Frishberg and Bob Dorough - Briwnstone - BRCD 9903

(Ryan Keberle) Organic Rodeo - The Ryan Keberle Double Quartet - Alternate
Side Records - ASR 002

(Jimmy Heath) For Miles and Miles - Playboys - Chet Baker and Art Pepper -
Pacific Jazz - CDP 7 94474 2