[JPL] PLAYLIST: JzFmS4 WGBH Boston 6/22/07

Steve Schwartz steve_schwartz at wgbh.org
Fri Jun 22 23:55:04 EDT 2007

Jazz from Studio Four
Friday, June 22, 8pm­midnight, WGBH 89.7

8-10pm: FUNDRAISING MODE: Featuring requests from listeners and by
recordings by musicians appearing at Newport Jazz Festival, August 11th and
12th. WGBH is taking 2 buses of contributors to Newport on those dates,
round trip, breakfast and lunch and station membership

10P-MIDNIGHT: ERIC REED (b. 6/21/1970)

8:00pm
THEME: Horace Parlan Quintet: Wadin', Speakin' My Piece (Blue Note)

8:05pm
Kenny Werner; Toots Thielemans: Windows, Toots Thielemans/Kenny Werner
(Verve)
Kenny Werner: Fish Gotta Fly, Democracy (Half Note)

8:25pm
Dianne Reeves: Darn That Dream, A Little Moonlight (Blue Note)
Ron Carter: Seven Steps to Heaven, Dear Miles (Blue Note)

8:43pm
Kurt Elling: Tight, nightmoves (Concord)
Etta James: You Go to My Head, Heart of A Woman (Private Music)
Donald Harrison jr: Cool Breeze, The Survivor (Nagel Heyer)

9:04pm
Dexter Gordon: Cheese Cake, The Classic Blue Note Recordings (Blue Note)
Oscar Brown Jr: But I Was Hip, Sin & Soul (Columbia)
Miles Davis: Boplicity, Birth of the Cool (Capitol)

9:24pm
Count Basie Orchestra: One O'Clock Jump, Count Basie at Newport (Verve)
Billie Holiday: Lover Come Back to Me, Ella, Billie and Carman at Newport
(Verve)

9:43pm
Ben Riley: Straight No Chaser, Memories of T (Concord)
Steve Turre: One for Kirk, the Spirits Up Above (HighNote)

10:02pm
Eric Reed: Come Sunday, Mercy and Grace (Nagel Heyer)
Eric Reed: I C H.N. (for Herbie Nichols), Here (MaxJazz)
Eric Reed: Bouncin' With Boo Boo, ebop (Savant)

10:23pm
Eric Reed: Flamenco Sketches, From My Heart (Savant)
Donald Harrison Jr; featuring Eric Reed: Strange Day, Real Life Stories
(Nagel Heyer)
Marlon Jordan; featuring Eric Reed: That's Gone, The Undaunted (Columbia)

10:49pm
Eric Reed: Suite Sisters: Fine and Brown, Happiness (Nagel Heyer)
Willie Jones III; featuring Eric Reed: Ornate, Volume 1: Straight Swingin'
(WJ3 Records)
Rodney Whitaker; featuring Eric Reed: Wise Young Man, Ballads and Blues: The
Brooklyn Session (Criss Cross)

11:13pm
Eric Reed: Soft Winds, Soldiers Hymn (Candid)
Wynton Marsalis; featuring Eric Reed: Baby, Won't You Please Come Home, The
Midnight Blues (Columbia)
Eric Reed; Wycliffe Gordon: Embraceable You, WE (Nagel Heyer)

11:32pm
Eric Reed: Undecided, It's All Right To Swing (MoJazz)
Mary Stallings; featuring Eric Reed: You're My Thrill, Live at The Village
Vanguard (MaxJazz)
Joe Chambers; featuring Eric Reed: Stella By Starlight, Urban Grooves (441
Music)
Eric Reed: I Got Rhythm, Pure Imagination (Impulse)

11:55pm
Eric Reed: Wade in The Water, Mercy and Grace. (Nagel Heyer)