[JPL] WWSP Jazzweek Playlist

Russell Haines rfhnyc_ at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 25 11:03:31 EDT 2007

JAZZWEEK REPORT for week of 6/24/07

WWSP 90fm
University of Wisconsin Stevens Point
11,500 watts

Russ Haines Jazz/World Music Director
rfhnyc_ at hotmail.com

PLEASE USE E-MAIL FOR CONTACTING ME.
OUR VOICE MAIL SYSTEM IS UNRELIABLE.

4 or more SPINS

4 Martin Bejerano - Evolution/Revolution - Reservoir Music
5 Michael Brecker - Pilgrimage - Heads Up
4 Till Bronner  - Oceana - Emarcy
5 Chick Corea & Bela Fleck - The Enchantment - Concord
4 Chembo Corniel - For The Rest Of Your Life - Chemboro' Records
5 Eldar - Re-imagination - Masterworks Jazz/Sony
4 Kahil El'Zabar's Infinity Orchestra - Transmigration - Delmark
5 Robin Eubanks - EB3 Live Vol. 1 - RKM/Kindred Rhythm
4 Ibrahim Ferrer - Mi Sueno - Nonesuch
5 Fred Hersch Trio - Night & The Music - Palmetto
5 Bobby Hutcherson - For Sentimental Reasons - Kind Of Blue Records
4 Jessica Johnson - Till It Happens To You - Self Produced
4 Abbey Lincoln - Abbey Sings Abbey - Verve
6 Joe Lovano & Hank Jones - Kids - Blue Note
4 Bob Montgomery/Al Hermann Quintet - On The Brink - Summit
6 Papa Grows Funk - Mr. Patterson's Hat - Funky Krewe Records
6 Michel Petrucciani - Piano Solo - Dreyfus
4 Jimmy Ponder - Somebody's Child - HighNote
4 Rufus Reid Quintet - Live At Kennedy Center - Motema
5 Poncho Sanchez - Raise Your Hand - Concord Picante
5 Arturo Sandoval - Rumba Palace - Telarc
4 Chip Shelton - Live Stop 2 Cape May - Chicken Coup
4 Spanish Harlem Orchestra - United We Swing - Six Degrees
4 Frank Tiberi - 4 Brothers 7 - Jazzed Media
4 David Torn - Prezens - ECM
4 Trombonilla - Terminal Clarity - Now Jazz Consortium
6 Various - We All Love Ella - Verve
4 Phil Wilson's Pan American All-Stars - Music Of A.C. Jobim - Capri Records

2 - 3 SPINS

2 Antonio Adolfo/Carol Saboya - Ao Vivo Live - Points South Music
3 Arjun - Pieces - Phermone Records
2 Stefano Battaglia - Re: Pasolini - ECM
2 Alan Bergman - Lyrically - Verve
3 Roni Ben-Hur - Keepin'It Open - Motema
3 Pascal Bokar - Savanna Jazz Club - Savanna Jazz Records
3 Joey Calderazzo - Amanecer - Marsalis Music/Rounder
3 Bill Charlap Trio - Live - Blue Note
3 Chicago Underground Trio - Chronicle - Delmark
2 Maynard Ferguson - The One & Only - Maynard Ferguson Trust
3 Joel Frahm - We Used To Dance - Anzic Records
3 Sara Gazarek - Return To You - Native Language
2 Lafayette Gilchrist 3 - Selftitled - Hyena
3 Onaje Allen Gumbs - Sack Full Of Dreams - 18th & Vine
2 Jeff Hackworth - How Little We Know - Big Bridge Music
2 Ryan Haines Big Band - People & Places - Sea Breeze
3 Joel Harrison - Harbor - Highnote
2 Thomas Heflin - Symmetry - Blue Canoe
2 Pamela Hines Trio - Drop 2 - Spice Rack Records
2 Bill Holman Band - Hommage - Jazzed Media
2 Lauren Hooker - Right Where I Belong - Musical Legends Inc.
3 Hot Club Sandwhich - Green Room - Modern Hot Records
2 Robert Irving III - New Momentum - Sonic Portraits
3 Joseph Jarman - As If It Were The Seasons - Delmark
2 Jazz Explorers - Jazz My Soul - Rhythm Dynamics
2 Jazz O'Maniacs - Sunset Cafe Stomp - Delmark
3 Steve Khan - Borrowed Time - Tone Center
2 Jeff Kaye - Just Like Me - Jazzed Media
2 George Kontrafouris - Little Daddy's Blues - Chicken Coup
3 Geoff Lapp Trio - Stained Glass - Elephant Records
2 Robert Macgregor - Refraction Of Light - Black Tri Records
2 Justin Marcus - Ask Me How Do I Feel - Self Produced
3 Hector Martigon - Refugee - zoho
3 Pete McGuinness Jazz Orch. - First Flight - Summit
3 Dan McMillion Jazz Orchestra - High Octane - Sea Breeze
3 Minsarah - Minsarah - Enja/Justin Time
2 Roscoe Mitchell  - Composition/Improvisation Nos. 1, 2, 3 - ECM
2 Jane Monheit - Surrender - Concord
3 Monk's Music Trio - Monk On Mondays - CMB Reords
3 Frank Morgan - A Night In The Life - HighNote
3 Mark Murphy - Love Is What Stays - Verve
2 Susan Pereira & Sabor Brasil - Tudo Azul - Riony Records
2 Devin Phillips - Wade In The Water - Self Produced
3 John Pisano - Guitar Night - Mel Bay
3 Joshua Redman - Back East - Nonesuch
3 Paul Scea - Contemporary Residents - BluJazz
2 Jan Shapiro - Back To Basics - Singing
3 Mark Soskin - One Hopeful Day - Kind Of Blue Records
2 Johnny Summers - Walk Through The Park - Independent Records/MAPL
3 Suenos Latin-Jazz - Azul Oscuro - Self Produced
2 Akiko Tsuruga - Sweet & Funky - 18th & Vine
3 Bennie Wallace - Disorder At the Border - Enja/Justin Time
3 Wilson, Purdie & Green - The Godfathers Of Groove - 18th & Vine
3 Tom Wolfe & Gene Bertoncini - Floating On The Silence - Summit

ADDS WEEK OF 6/24/07

Jerry Bergonzi - Tenorist - Savant
Kenny Burrell - 75th Birthday Bash Live! - Blue Note
Ron Carter - Dear Miles - Blue Note
Deborah Cox - Destination Moon - Decca
Richard Galliano - Solo - Dreyfus
Herb Gibson - Let's Play - Siverado Records
Tord Gustavsen Trio - Being There - ECM
Jay Hoggard - The Right Place - JHVM Records
Karl Latham - Resonance - Dropzone Jazz Records
Rafi Malkiel - My Island - Raftone Records
Boots Randolph - A Whole New Ballgame - zoho
Wally Schnalle - Physics & Magic - Retlaw Records
Paul Serrato & Co. - Pianomania - Graffiiti
Gino Sitson - Bamisphere - 18th & Vine
Waverly Seven - Yo! Bobby - Anzic
Sam Yahel Trio - Truth & Beauty - Origin

**** The next add date for WWSP is 7/1/07. We will have space for 15 discs.
I review & add discs in the order in which they are received. ****

All discs chart for 8 weeks and then move to recurrent. This is to keep up
with the quantity of quality discs that we receive. Thanks for your support.

Russ